New to Forum Looking to get a NC 3.5/3.75

Looking to get an MX5 NC 3.5 or 3.75 PRHT 2.0

Would prefer Red but open to other colours must have FSH. As the MX5 can be between 11 years to 7 years old what should i also check that has been done on the services and rust to look out for.

I am looking at some over in Leicestershire on Wednesday any advice on what Prices i should pay as i been looking and they seem to be all over the place at this time.

Can anyone recommend dealers in the Cambridgshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire areas.

Hi Redders, Welcome!

I’m looking for something similar, but in the SW. Prices of all used cars are v strong at the moment (for various reasons), and soft tops are far more desirable in the Summer, so if you aren’t in a hurry then looking a little later in the year may get you more for your money.

Also, view as many as you can to get a good idea of what is/isn’t good condition, but a good documented history is very desirable.

Good luck!

Thanks Timmy_T

Thanks for the information.

I do agree that you need to see as many as you can as i have already tried a few and noticed the difference in the drive from one that had 4 of the same tyres on and one that did not. I also noted how the clutch was so different even low they where the same year of registration.

Good luck with your search as well.

There have been a number of posts like yours recently on the forum with some links to what to look for when buying, I suggest you use the search function to read what they had to say. Personally I would not get too wound up with actual spec, at this age condition, particularly the body underside, is almost everything with the exception maybe of the dreaded rod knock but that should be very apparent on start up.