New to me 2012 2.0 NC MX-5 Venture Roadster

Hello, 

Fancied something a wee bit more interesting and which depreciates less than my 2014 Fiesta did.

Settled on this beastie…

Loving it so far! 

Only plans are gear box oil, diff oil and wiper stalk to RX-8 version. 

Craig

That’s a very nice car! Welcome. Your maintenance/upgrade plans are sound.

Really nice car.

Cheers dudes! 

Was going to do the wiper stalk today, but it started raining :frowning:

Nice motor!

Why change the wiper stalk ?

Interesting that it’s Radiant Ebony Mica as thought that was a one off colour for the 2007 ZSport. Does look great.

Edit, just did a search on old brochures and great that it wasn’t confined to the Zsport as it is a great colour, especially when the suns out ? 

The RX-8 came with one with a nice variable intermittent dial, the MX-5 does not. 

Its a cheap part from eBay and a simple swap :slight_smile: (from what I read on here!)

I only found out what the colour was called from looking in the brochure too… when MOT etc. it comes up as Maroon. 

Venture Brochure

Sorry to highjack this chat, but am I right in thinking the RX8 stalk is a direct replacement and plugs straight in? available for around £30, and saving me buying one from mx5 parts for near £90!

lovely colour by the way, honestly not just saying that because I’ve a 07 zsport.

It’s just the simplest job to do. 10 mins if I remember. Get one for £30 and a great upgrade

Assume the ZSport didn’t have intermittant wipers as standard then ? as mine has 2 speeds then a third Int setting with a twisty end to vary  the intermittance. Must have been fitted by last owner.

No worries, I mentioned it first :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay, mine was £15! 

Super simple, 3 philips screws under the steering column, the connector is obvious and pulls off, 2 smaller philips screws and the stalk just slides out. 

ZSport looks lovely, I like the leather colour! 

“Black Beauty”. Enjoy your lovely car

no twisty variable stalk fitted to my z I’m afraid, but thanks for advice on getting a rx8 one fitted with no fuss. To be honest I don’t plan to take it out in the rain too often but plan for the worse and all that!

No worries!

Mine is out in the rain all the time now, just saving a wee 2 grand or so then I can get something else as the daily driver! 

Bought the oil for the diff, gearbox and some washers. Been waiting on good weather to get it in the air and do the change. 

Today I managed to do the turret oil, much to my surprise, it was empty! On a 2012 plate car, check your turrets everyone! 

New indicator installed a few weeks ago!

Simple yet super handy, so nice having variable speed again :D 

Managed to do the gearbox and diff oil over the past weekend, has made a considerable difference :slight_smile:

Took a couple of hours, but happy with the result!