Newbie in Derbyshire

Smashing

Hi Tony, sorry to hear of your loss. Me and the ND end up in the Peak District most weekends and find it most cheering (although no this weekend given the hideous forecast), will give you a wave! I see you’ve been around Wetton Mill, were you tunnel hunting!?

Hi Tony,
Welcome to the club, it’s so sad to hear of your loss. Each day will bring new challenges and trigger memories.
I hope that soon we will all be able to meet up on a day out,.so you’ll be able to remember and tell us about some good times you had. :heart:
Im in Derby, so not far away. I joined a year ago and haven’t managed to meet anyone yet.
My car also brings me lots of smiles and joy.
Take care x

Hi CoolCatz,
I will look forward to that mate, I’m in Repton so I am hoping that there is a meeting at the local club soon where we could have a drink and chat.
Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Tony

Hi, I turned around for home but remember going through the tunnel whilst camping at Wetton Mill with the BMW Bike club (long time ago!).
I will definitely wave! Thanks for kind words and hope to meet before too long.
Cheers Tony

Hi Tony, I’m originally from Burton so know Repton area well. A drive along Newton Road from Burton and then Repton bottoms to Hartshorne, Hartshorne to Ticknall, Ticknall to Milton and Milton back to Repton in an MX5 is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Enjoy.

Some of the roads you mention there have deteriorated a good deal over the last few years. Especially the one Repton through to Hartshorne, roller coaster meets potholes springs to mind. Still good fun to drive, a challenge though dodging the bad bits.
Always out and about around South Derbyshire, live near Stenson Bubble.:+1:

Spot on Mick, the roads around here are not great these days. I walked with a friend to the Bubble last Sunday! sat outside and had a lovely snack with a pint of Pedigree. I will keep a look out for you, hope to meet up when the local area meets.
Best wishes Tony from Repton

1 Like

Hello Tony!

Also a newbie in Chesterfield, a road I love is the A53, when I travel back towards my homeland of Cheshire/Stoke.

I’ll be sure to give you a wave if I see you! Look out for a lipstick red mk2.5!