Newbie. MX5 NC Sport Roadster

Sorry a bit late joining this thread, this is my Highland Green roadster, I love it and can’t wait for this malarkey to end so I can drive it :+1:

1 Like

The metallic paint looks good :+1:

1 Like

Mine is the 2.0 Sport on an '08 plate, but in copper red. Simply love the car, but I have not done that many miles this year sadly. Not that it will do any harm as I am just short of 100,000 miles on the clock.

I too had the right-hand headlamp blow recently, although I could only replace this by removing the wheel and inner arch. This resulted in a few broken plastic clips, with MX5 Parts coming to the rescue with cheap replacements. I also had a bit of an emission problem at the last MoT, which was resolved after using Cataclean for a week, and replacing a leaking back box.

Like you Dale I will also get around to refurbishing the alloys at some stage. They have been marked since I bought the car, and I had hoped to get these done during the latest lock-down, but a broken wrist has put paid to that. I am in a cast and unable to drive, which I suppose is another reason for saving on the mileage.

I hope you have as much fun as the rest of us on this forum, especially once life gets back to normal…

1 Like

Cheers for that, I haven’t seen many others that colour I love it just wanted something a little different. :+1:

1 Like

it’s condensation on the boot lid, the carpet is dry oddly, i’ll check out the brake light and seals

There is a thread on this forum about condensation in the boot, and someone mentions the tyre repair kit being the culprit: the aerosol can creates condensation.

I don’t have a tyre repair kit, The condensation has gone now strangly so no idea what it was

Fitted the JVC speakers today, very easy to fit very and they are a decent improvement for the money IMO.

Also i noticed rust along the bottom of the passenger door, the rubber seal was hanging off so i assume the water wasn’t draining properly and was causing the rusy, i bought some clips to fit the seal properly again.

I am a little annoyed with myself that i didn’t look round this car properly before i bought it, I could of knocked a lot more money of the asking price than i paid, there were so many glaring bargaining chips if i looked hard enough.

List of issues this car had when i bought it and what i’ve sorted:
-Badly kurbed alloys
-Driver side door not locking or unlocking using remote
-Exhaust split off at mid pipe (Temporarily fixed with a metal Holt wrap)
-Rust on passenger door ( Fixed rubber seal)
-Bad battery (New battery now bought)
-Both key fobs fall apart
-Aerial missing (Stubby aerial fitted from MX5 parts)
-Wet passenger carpet (New windscreen cowl seal fitted)
-Bad rust around number plate lights.

However, it is the exact spec of NC I wanted, the paint is good, the interior is in decent condition and it has been serviced regularly and i am growing increasingly fond of this little NC, I guess the niggles are character building :sweat_smile: Had a fantastic blast down the B4507 from Bishopstone to Wantage, a great B-road which some great bends, MX5s were built for roads like this!

Plans next:
-New number plates, current ones have dealer and EU flag on them.
-Spark plug change.
-Underseal booked in for the summer at MX5 Restorer.
-Aftermarket exhaust or standard replacement, haven’t decided which.

2 Likes