NGK Spark Plugs

For the last 3 years, I’ve been threatening to change the plugs, but every time I look at the price I say to my self ‘Well there’s nowt wrong with them, leave them be’
I remember not too long ago, spark plugs were only £1 each, so £15-£20 for just one of these iridium plugs sends me weak at the knees. (I’m a Yorkshireman)

Well, I finally bought them today.
£53 for the full set from EurCarParts or £48 from their sister site CarParts4Less.

At a few thousdand miles per year I expect them to last at least 24 years, equates to 50p per year per plug.

I guess by not changing them 3 years ago, i did save myself £6.00 :slight_smile:

I agree, however - Iridium plugs can easily be expected to last up to 120k+ I believe - I can’t think of another single component that would;

A. Last that long
B. Cost that little (in context)
C. Be so critical to the car and it’s performance overall

Put it in the context of those that seem to change their oil every 1,000 “just because” and it becomes very cheap.

I change my oil on average every 2.5k… Definitely excessive, however, I feel lucky to have found a MK3 that doesn’t burn oil, I want to keep it that way!

1 Like

Thanks Chris, you just robbed me of £48.

Incidentall I change my oil every two years, (4k - 5k total)

1 Like

I believe the recommended change mileage is something like 68,000 or every 17 years at 4K per year. Works out at roughly 5p per week. :thinking: :champagne: