Noisy central hood catch

1. My model of MX-5 is 2009__PRHT
  2. I’m based near: STOCKPORT__
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __NOISY CENTRAL LOCKING CATCH BUZZING NOISE AND RATTLING

I resolved this in my car the other week…

Take both the button housing and handle housing off and replace the compressed foam packing with double sided number plate tape… Works a treat, costs about 5p.

Be careful taking it apart, the clips are fragile and it doesn’t come apart as easily as one might expect :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, are there any drawing showing the assembly and details of the catches/connection of the fixings of the covers?
PETER

Have a look at https://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/09-035-08-2001.pdf.

Are you anywhere near West Yorkshire?

about 30 mins from the centre of the universe, what my wife calls Holmfirth
Peter

thanks for the info, but I have been advised to remove the black plastic cover and reinstalled using double sided tape, and I cannot see how to remove it, It was difficult to describe what I was looking for as the clips?were supposed to be fragile, thanks for the response, I have filed the drawings for future ref
Peter

If you want to have a ride over to Ferrybridge (WF11), I’ll sort it out for you!

I’ll be honest, it took me a while to locate the clips and them remove it without breaking anything, but the quietness is worth it!