Norfolk Fives David's Mid Week Run Thursday 14th April

NESS POINT & EAST ANGLIA TRANSPORT MUSEUM

This is the first of 2022’s mid week runs and take not this one is on a Thursday, the 14th April.

Norfolk Fives meet at 9.15am B&Q South car park, Neatmarket, NR4 6FB.

Run to the most easterly place in Great Britain with coffee stop at Posh Pigs, Beccles NR34 7TD, eta 10.15am. Leave 11am for 20mins run to Ness Point for photos and look East. Leave 11.30am for 15mins run to our main destination the East Anglia Transport Museum at Carlton Colville, NR33 8BL arriving 11.45am opening at 12 noon.
A trip back in time, well that’s what the museum’s info says. Whether you take a ride on the woodland tramway, experience the silence and comfort of the trolleybus service, or meander lazily on board our narrow gauge railway, there’s a new discovery or an old memory it seems to me it will be interesting and enjoyable. The museum has a street scene with authentic street furniture and there are plenty of exhibits on show. A café and book shop seal’s the deal. Entry fees; £9 pp Concessions £8pp.
Return run of just under an hour to junction of A47/A140 south of Norwich.

Those in the south of the County may prefer to join us at Posh Pigs, is so let me know. This is lightly earlier notification than usual as I am away for a few days but do please go ahead and sign up.

UPDATE.
Following info re route outward. If you get detached here are three postcodes for cafe (NR34 7TD) , Ness Pt (NR32 1XQ) & EATM (NR33 8BL).

I’ll try and put Google maps route link here:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/WhctKKXPlrDrJGBXzKxkkXdKxRgnFksSnBVZcxgpzJSCbGPbpbWGQvvTbwrKKRZdKWtFNCv

David-H

Those starting from Norwich unless otherwise informed:
David
Laurie
Richard
Mike at Posh Pigs
Mark
Rona & Phil
Mick & Gella
Kevin

1 Like

It sounds a very interesting first run of the season. Could you add me to your list please and I’ll be at our start point of B&Q South.
Thanks, Laurie

Hi Laurie,
Wow you’re on the ball unfortunately no prize for being first responder but you’d be useful if there’s an emergency. I suppose I better start a list. Cheers, David

Hi David - will be at B&Q in good time raring to go. Thanks for finding another museum of interest that I’ve never visited. Richard W.

Hi David Being a Thursday I can join you. I would like to join from Posh Pigs Regards Mike

Richard. A new season of mid week runs and good that you will be joining us. David

Mike.
That’s fine we’ll catch up with you at Posh Pigs. David.

Hi David, could you please add me to the list. I look forward to seeing you.
Mark

Mark,
Message received and being actioned according to your instructions - which is a grand way of saying, you’ll be on the list.look forward to seeing you too.
David

Hi Phil and I would like to be added to the list, ta .

Rona & Phil
Great. We’ll be able to hear about Phil’s plans for a replacement track car.
David

Hi David put Gella and me down for this please, If we can make B&Q we will but don’t wait for us will catch up at Posh Pigs. Thanks Mick.

Mick & Gella,
You are on the list, see you at B&Q South if not at Posh Pigs
David

Hi David
Hope you are well?
Unusually I find myself with a day off on Thursday and was wondering if I can tag along to this event please.
If so I will meet you at the starting point in Norwich.
Thanks
Kevin

Kevin,
Lovely to hear from you. Sorry in delay replying I’ve had trouble getting on this website, although I did send an email message type reply but idea whether that went. I have added you to the list.
David

Hi David
No problem at all, look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Kevin

Hi David
Just wanted to express my thanks for organising todays run, perfect weather almost perfect directions lol and very interesting. It was great to catch up with a few people and I only wish I could do more of these runs.
All the best and hope to see you all again soon
Kevin

To those intrepid ‘Fives’& brown car that joined in this ‘run’ my thanks for your patience regarding outward route. Combination of missed turning by leader, moi, and duff Satnav routing made it less than harmonious trip. However we arrived at all three destinations and for those brave enough to return with me it was a route that went as planned, phew. Great that we had such a good turn out and had time for a catch up.
Ness Point

The NE (Next Edition of MX5) dashboard as sen at EA Transport Museum

What fuel shortage?

Cheers David

2 Likes

Richard was understandably shocked and mortified at the relevation of having a couple of explosive bolts lurking underneath the bonnet of his 3.75 NC. One tug of the wrong wire and Boom!!
The obligatory chorus line at our destination.

1 Like

David Thanks for a lovely run and FUN any more on a Thursday and Ill be there Regards Mike W