Norfolk Fives Mid-Week Run on 13th October

Wednesday 13th October will see us visit the Norfolk Tank Museum.

An independent museum housing a collection of military vehicles and militaria including Deborah II, the replica Mk IV Tank as seen on Channel 4’s ‘Guy Martin’s WWI Tank’. There’s a collection of Centurion tanks: a Mk13 Gun Tank and more all of which are on static display most of the year. Also on static display are a Chieftain Tank and a Saladin Armoured Scout Car which you can climb inside and experience the confined space and atmosphere of the crew turret. Weather permitting we can enjoy a white-knuckle ride over an off-road course in an 'All Terrain Vehicle’. There is an entry charge of £8pp.

Meet at B&Q South’s car park, Neatmarket NR4 6DW at 9.15am. Outward run of about 45 minutes to a stop for breakfast as there is no canteen at the museum. Then a short run to the NT Museum.

Let me know if your attending,
David

1. David
  2. Richard
  3. Mark W
  4. Jerry

Sorry David, but I won’t be able to make this one otherwise I’ll be double-booked that afternoon.
Hope the weather’s fine for the run.
Laurie

Hello David,
It was good to see you and Rosemary at Harford this pm - brightened up a dreary grocery shop.

Please put me down for this one. I do hope I prove as nimble at getting in to a Centurian Tank as I did the English Electric Lightning on our last run out.

Richard W.

Hi Richard.
Will pop you on the ‘short’ list. No fuel this afternoon but we’ve a bit of a way to go yet before this run.
David

Hi David

I have petrol so could you please add me to the list.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark,
I’ll gladly add you to the list. However given our numbers I intend contacting the museum to see if the visit is viable from their perspective. Assume it’s on unless you read or hear otherwise. Remember there is a breakfast stop en route. David.

Hi David, we had hoped to join you on this one and although Gella is at last making progress she is still not up to venturing too far from home. Hope you have a good day and hopefully maybe able to go on the next one. See you soon Mick & Gella

Mick and Gella,
Glad you’re keeping in touch, hope Gella is soon well again and enjoying runs out in your ‘5’.
10th November is my last ‘Mid Week Run’ for the year and provisionally have RSPB Minsmere in mind. I know it repeats a visit pre Covid times but we may just catch some migrants enroute and taking breather, bit late probably, although winter birds could have arrived.
Take care. David

Wednesday’s run is still ON. NT Museum is open to as normal so our low number is not a problem.
David

Hi David

I have half a tank, weather looking good and my Mk1 needs a run so I’ll join you please.

Jerry

Jerry,
Great, see you tomorrow.
David

I think I can speak for all that went on this run that it was a good outing, great breakfast and an interesting visit to the Tank Museum. We even managed to squeeze into various military contraptions - see photos and realised the relative spaciousness of the MX5 compared to what the Saladin’s driver has - pic of Richard in a Saladin. Other pic shows David ‘on top of Deborah’.

Thanks for the snap David. How I managed to get in and out of it I’ll never know! Brilliant run, most enjoyable.

Richard W.

Thanks for organising this run David - the full English was excellent.

Jerry

David you really are a credit to the club and very much appreciated for all your efforts, even the weather is playing ball this year for you.
I hope that one day work won’t get in the way and i will be able to join you on these great outings.
Well done.
Kevin