North West members

Hi all I’m in Cumbria near Carlisle and would like to meet up sometime this year

Eden mx5 don’t get going until April it seems, it would be nice to have a regular pub meet somewhere in the meantime.

I’m regularly down to the south lakes car museum on the 1st Saturday of each month but that seems to be the only place with activity this time of the year.

Is there anyone who can find out where the distribution of members is in Cumbria please? It would be handy to know where the main population is so we can make this a central base.

I live in Ulverston, so the South Lakes Car Museum is just up the road from me :+1:

Hello
I’ve just come off a call with Michael & Steve, the two new ACs for North West, and mentioned this post to them.

For those of you in the Cumbrian area, if you want a regular pub meet then please find somewhere suitable and pick a date/time - as there is some activity here then perhaps agree something between yourselves so that you know at least two of you are going to turn up, and then email Michael and Steve with the details and they will advertise it for you - their email address can be found here North West - MX-5 Owners Club (mx5oc.co.uk).

@graham-millar - The Club can provide a distribution map to the ACs, so if you are interested in organising a pub meet then contact them and you can have that discussion with them about where best to locate. However, I would suggest just doing something that is relatively close to you, whether that is in Carlisle or maybe Penrith., but in the meantime I’ll look to get that distribution map and send it to Michael & Steve.

Are we any closer to allowing the NW co-ordinators to post events to the MX5OC diary?

Perhaps a post in this forum for each event might be worthwhile in the meantime?

At present, it doesn’t feel like the NW area is officially recognised.

There is nothing stopping them at the moment. However, we are embarking on a new front-end to the website, which will be better for users/members and better for ACs to advertise events. This should be live in the not too distant future when, hopefully, all areas will be using the calendar to advertise meets/runs etc.

There are still some technical issues with Mailchimp but I know the chaps are busy working on their email newsletter to NW members.

NW AC Update

We are the new AC’s for the North West area and given the posts above we thought it would be useful to provide members with some background on the status of our current means of communication and future plans whilst also providing some details on forthcoming events.

Firstly, we would like to apologise for not addressing the points outlined in this thread earlier as we had not realised they had been posted. To date we have been focused on getting up to speed with the technical aspects of the role eg mailchimp whilst arranging and assisting with several upcoming activities. This is against a background of the club moving towards an improved website and conducting an ongoing boundary review for the Manchester and Cumbria regions. We have concentrated on setting out all event details within our established Facebook page (north west mx -5 owners club - facebook) whilst we have been waiting the introduction of the new website and the completion of our mailchimp training sessions. ( A mailchimp information message was sent out to all NW members on the 7th January but this was sent out on our behalf as we had not developed at that point the sufficient skills required to produce it ourselves)

The North West area has for many years been a vibrant and dynamic part of the UK owners club. Each year, many members enjoy the large range of events and holidays arranged by individual members.Our aim is to build on this and to create new, interesting and fun experiences.

To give you a flavour of the type of activity we undertake we have listed below for your information a selection of forthcoming events. We will enquire to see if it is possible to post these within the calendar on the existing website or whether it is preferable to wait for the new website. If you use facebook and it is perfectly understandable that some people choose not to - then you can find all details on our facebook page. We will also include details in the next mailchimp message which we hope to send to NW members very shortly.

1. Valentines Run and Sunday Lunch - Sunday 18th February

Meet at 10:00 for 10:30 at Huntley’s Country Store, Whalley, Road, Samlesbury, PR5 0UN

60 mile run through scenic lancashire countryside finishing for lunch at The Bowling Green, Charnock Richard, PR7 5LA

No pre-orders required for food.

1. Geneva International Motor Show - Wednesday 28th February

A one day visit to the motor show flying from Liverpool.

1. Horse and Hounds and Social Meeting - Sunday 3rd March

Meet 10:15 for 10:45 at McDonalds Haslingden Road, Rawtenstall, BB4 6QX

40 mile run for lunch and social meet at the Higher Trapp Hotel, Simonstone, BB12 7QW

Pre-orders required for lunch - if interested please e mail us at northwest@mx5oc.co.uk for details.

1. Northumbria Charm - Friday 5th - 8th April

A long weekend based in Amble, Northumberland where we will enjoy a number of rural and coastal runs in this beautiful enchanting area,

This event is fully booked.

1. Eden Camp, Malton, North Yorkshire Inter Area Meet - Sunday 21st April

We are getting together with four other area groups and are aiming for 125 MX5s to attend.

This unique museum is about civilian life in wartime Britain.

Overnight accommodation for Sunday 21st April optional

Full details TBA

With regards to the uppermost regions of the North West should anybody want to organise an event in this area please let us know and we will promote and circulate the details accordingly.

Please note that our monthly social meetings will return to The Crown Hotel, Platt Lane, Worthington, Standish, Wigan WN1 2XF on the last Wednesday in the month at 8pm (from 6.30 pm for meals) from 27th March. ( No meeting in December)

Should you require clarification on any point or would like further information we will always welcome e mail contact at northwest@mx5oc.co.uk

Best Regards

Michael and Steve

Joint AC’s MX5 OC NW

Hi Michael and Steve,

Firstly: Wishing you both every success in your (new) post as Area Coordinators.

And thank you for posting this information here, on the Owners’ Club forum. It is really helpful for those of us living nearby to be able to see this sort of forward program of events (and I’m already thinking I might nip along and join you on 18th Feb).

I get that using FaceBook is a handy workaround, and I do fully understand that the club here is in the process of revamping this website. But we always run the risk of inadvertently excluding some of our own members if we end up only promoting events on facebook pages.

So I’m delighted to see your post here on the forum, and to see such an interesting bunch of events and drives coming up

Nick

1 Like

Thanks both - to echo Nick’s words above, really appreciate you taking the time to post the list of events here in the OC NW forum.

Looks like we have some great events already in the pipeline, looking forward to an amazing year of meets and drive outs.

Agree with the above - thank you both for taking the time.

I’m not a paid up OC member at the moment, but hoping to come along on 18th Feb and join afterwards if the club seems a good fit

Cheers all :+1:

Please note that the starting location for the Hare and Hounds run and social meeting ref no 3 above on the Sunday 3rd March has been changed to McDonald’s, Rising Bridge, 581 Blackburn Road, Haslingden, BB5 2SB (on roundabout at A56 service area) Details now added to NW calendar

1 Like

A quick word of appreciation to thank Steve and Mike (the two new Area Coordinators for the North West) and fellow members for the warm welcome on the recent drive through Lancashire. And it was great to also receive an email yesterday with full details of forthcoming drives and meetings.

Nick

5 Likes

Glad you enjoyed the event Nick.
Hope to see you again.
Cheers
Michael

1 Like

Hi Claire,

Tried sending an email to that address northwest@mx5oc.o.uk but it just pings me a failure to send message. Do you have an alternative email?

Cheers

Hi Graham
Can you double-check that you didn’t use that email address - should be .co.uk at the end.

If you used the correct email address can you forward me the failure message to acl@… - it’s in STHT, page 9 if you want the full address.

Thanks

Thanks

Ah looks like finger trouble - resent👍

1 Like