North West Midlands 27th November Meeting

I have received disappointing news from Nicola, our host at The Bell Inn, Brewood. A decision has been made by the brewery to sell the property and therefore the last trading day will be 17th November. This means we need to start researching for a new meeting venue. I think we all know this will not be a quick and easy undertaking.

To get us through to the new year, Graham and Sue Neeld have very kindly offered their services in providing a venue for Wednesday 27th November. Wheaton Aston Sports and Social Club, Post Code ST19 9ND with function hall, large car park, and a staffed bar has been booked for our exclusive use. Please take care when travelling to the venue and ensure that you approach Wheaton Aston via the road by the The Bradford Arms public house. Other roads into the village are riddled with nasty potholes.

For the cost of £6 per head all of the above will be provided with the addition of a buffet. Some extra creative thought should conjure up a bit of entertainment to avoid having to solely listen to me prattling on during the evening, so that’s good isn’t it! 

To help Graham and Sue with the organisation of the evening I ask you to express your intention to attend. Before signing off this forum posting I would like to express my sincere thanks to Nicola and all her staff at The Bell Inn and wish them the best of luck for what must be testing times for each and everyone of them.

Jim Keeley 

Hi Jim

Pity about the Bell. Thanks to Sue & Graham for the last minute rescue. See you all on the 27th.

Lynn & Roy 

Hi Jim

Thanks for the update re the Bell…what a shame for all concerned.

There will be 3 of us on the 27th.

Sincere thanks to Sue & Grahame for making the alternative arrangements.

Best regards 

Neil

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear about the Bell. Very difficult times for pubs these days.

Janet and I will be at the meeting on 27th

Derek

Thanks Jim.

How frustrating for everyone. Got to feel sorry for Nicola and everyone there.

Grahame / Sue.

We will be there thanks for organising.

Mark and Lisa

Thanks for the update Jim.

Agree totally with previous comments.

Thanks to Graham and Sue, see you on the 27th

Regards

Paul and Tracy

Hi Jim
As everyone has stated,such a pity for everyone involved.
Many thanks to Graham and Sue for stepping up and making the next meeting possible.
We look forward to attending.
Keith and Elaine.

Hi jim thanks for the update, also thanks  to Graham and sue . I will be there see you on the 27th 

Best regards 

Lee Girling 

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear about the Bell. 

Whats going to happen the Parrots and Tortoise?

Thanks Graham and Sue for rescue plan, will have a think where we could meet.

Chris 

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear about the Bell.

I will be there on the 27th November.

Regards

Chris Davis

Hi Jim

Shame about the Bell

We will both be there on the 27th

Phil & Charlotte

Hi Jim

Sorry but Julie and I won’t be able to make the meeting.

Regards

Darren

Please count us in for this.

Cheers

Anne and Neil

We hope to make it, although not sure whether we will be in time for the buffet.  What time will it be served??

Garry & Susan

Jim 

Will be out of the country for the next meeting but a big thanks to Sue and Graham for arranging our next meeting will not be back until 10th December so will miss the Christmas Bash.

Maurice.

Sorry – just found the reason why the venue has changed .Must read The Forum regularly!!! Don and Bridie