Not for sale Delete

Finally time to put my MX5 up for sale. If you want an MX5 you can jump in and enjoy this is the car for you. Every time I drive this I get compliments, which in turn stops me from wanting to sell it!

It’s a 1.8 Icon so it is a 6 speed with a Torsen LSD in the icon exclusive Art Vin Rouge colour. It has a wooden Nardi (airbag) wheel, gear knob and handbrake with cream leather interior. Definitely one of the best colour combos, even converts tan interior haters!

Overall body work is in very good condition with no major damage or scrapes. I machine polished it when I bought it and have taken good care of it since.

Good bits (mods/work done less than 4,000 miles ago):

• Chassis rails and sills are good

• MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers, with damping adjustment extenders on rear (best ones for an MX5)

• Enkei RPF1 15x7 ET35 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 3s

• New Discs (brembo/mintex I can’t remember) with Mintex 1144 compound pads (good for trackdays but don’t need to warm up so good for a daily).

• TR Lane roll bar which I’ve had powder coated in chrome candy red (really really sets the car off)

• Shifter boots replaced, along with new gearbox and diff oil (gearbox is very nice now)

• 2 new front calipers with new fitting kit

• New wheel bearing and probably some other misc parts I’ve done but can’t remember right now

The car had an allignment done by A-line in Dudley, they really know their MX5s and it handles amazingly.

To get a car in this condition and spec with these mods you’ll have to spend around £5,000. So if you want a sorted MX5 save yourself some time and money.

Bad bits:

• 20 years old so does have minor dings and 2 5p size patches of lacquer peal on the bonnet but really nothing that detracts from the car’s overall look.

• Cambelt is due down to time since last done but I have the cambelt kit, water pump, aux belts and camshaft locking tool to do it. Just haven’t gotten round to it.

Spares:

• Polybush ARB bushes

• Cambelt, water pump, aux belt and locking tool

• Original carpet and wind deflector if you want to take rollbar out

MOT until May 2021

Was previously up for sale but had second thoughts. Since done more work and thought about it more, I just won’t use it so someone else should get a chance to enjoy it.

4 Likes

do you have any pictures of the engine bay and internal cabin pictures
How many owners and what is the current milaeage

Messaged

Andrew, I’ll get some pictures tomorrow of the interior and engine bay. They’re both good condition and standard.

Has 5 previous owners and is on 97k miles (I think will have to check). I’ve had it 3 years now, been meaning to sell it for a year but every time I drive it I change my mind :sweat_smile:

Done a video for the car, find it on YouTube below

Think I’ve covered everything and given an accurate walk around the car. This is honestly one of the most honest MX5s you’ll find (was the best one I could find a few years ago!).

Hi, I’ve just joined the forum in order to send you a message about the nb, I’d be very interested in having a chat about the car, anyway I can send you (or you can send me) a direct message with a contact number? Thanks, Owen.

P.S. Apologies if this goes against forum rules