Now withdrawn

After being in the garage and doing 3k miles over the past 2 1/2 years I think time has come to sell my MX5 Icon.

I spent ages looking for the right car, doing the usual of looking at all the tempting sub £1,000 NAs (don’t bother). I finally decided to up my budget and look at NBs and found this lovely example!

The car is a Icon, which is the top of the range and most desirable NB. It has the 1.8 engine mated to a 6 speed box (shifts amazingly thanks to the work I’ve done) with an LSD at the back (the stronger torsen LSD to be precise). Inside it has a cream leather interior with Nardi wooden wheel, gear knob and handbrake.

Work done in the past 1k miles:

• Front wheel bearing

• All oils changed (gearbox, LSD, engine)

• Cracked shift boots changed (common problem on the gearboxes on these)

• MeisterR CRD adjustable height and dampening coilovers fitted (£769 coilovers and worth every penny)

• Professional set up by A Line Dudley, best people to do alignment on an MX5

• Enkei RPF1 wheels (15x7 ET 35 to keep the OEM track) with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres (£1,100 wheels with £250 worth of tyres)

• Front chassis rails welded (weren’t far gone but wanted them addressed before they got worse, ALL NBs will need this doing by now guaranteed and it won’t show on MOTS)

• Front brake pads (Mintex 1144 compound very good), discs and calipers

• Rear pads (mintex 1144 as well) and discs

• TR Lane roll bar powder coated cherry chrome (wanted something a bit different to the usual black roll bars)

I’ve probably done more but forgotten.

When I buy a car I like to make sure it’s 100% before I start driving it. This MX5 now drives and shifts perfectly, I doubt there is a nicer feeling gearbox, and handles amazingly (way better than you’d ever be willing to push on the road!).

This is a properly sorted MX5 with a lot of time and money spent on it. You could buy a worse condition car for a fair bit less but you’d have to spend 3x the amount modifying/repairing it to make it like this one.

The car does have some minor rust on the rear sills (very very common). This has never been repaired before and is minor, the car can still be jacked up on rear sills no problem. If you come look at the car you wouldn’t see it from standing looking but if you lie on the floor and check you’ll see it (photos included). Just don’t want to waste anyone’s time like everyone else seemed to waste mine 2 1/2 years ago.

Will have 12 months MOT.

I would take:
£2,500 as is

£1,900 for the car without the Enkei RPF1 wheels on (I can supply OEM wheels).

£1,750 without the roll bar (have an uncut carpet and OEM wind deflector which I can put in).

If it doesn’t sell I will wait for warmer weather and take the mods off, it would be a shame as it’s a lovely car as is.

Good looking car. GLWTS. Looks very fairly priced, considering the spec (expensive wheels!).

Lovely looking mk2, where abouts are you ?

Oo yes, missed that off. Located in Aldridge, Walsall (near Birmingham)

just p’md you

Some photos from last summer. Only had chance to use the car on road trips then cleaned it and put it straight back in the garage.

Worth noting that I fully machine polished the car (properly) when I got it and have looked after it since.

You have pm :slight_smile: