Oil filter number for NC 2.0L 2007

Hi all
Want to do an engine oil n filter change… I’ve got the oil and want to get a Bosch filter. Anyone know the correct filter number as 2 different suppliers are quoting different part numbers. One is 3330 and other one is 3363.
Thanks

I’ll throw this one into the mix too.

Cheers Mick​:+1::man_facepalming::joy:

I’m even more confused now, lol…

Just checked the Bosch 3330 filter with my car (07 plate 2ltr) via Amazon and it checks out as fits. And I guess the one above from Opie as it’s listed against mine.
Why Bosch? I fitted the K&N filter PS 1002 last time around from Opie

When I got my 2.0l NC one of the first things I did on getting it home was to change the Oil and Filter.

I got the parts from the main dealer which was 200 yards from my work, ( Wrights Mazda - Norwich).

They supplied me with
LF10-14-302A -9B Filter
99564-1400 gasket for sump plug. ( 14mm thread)

I have to say it was a total PITA removing the old filter, don’t know how long it was previously fitted for, but it was almost welded in place and access wasn’t great from underneath.

If you removed the LH wheel and plastic wheel arch trim you can get quite good side access to it. I found this out when I bled the Clutch slave cylinder the other week.

HTH for X-Ref

Thanks Mick… I’ve used Bosch filters on many of my cars over the years… Found them v good.
I read somewhere that K & N have a “bolt” shape on the head of them and this can be prone to separation from the filter housing and therefore cause a leak.

Thanks for the info kwikphix…

Yeah, location of oil filter is a right pain. I changed the filter on my last NC which was a 1.8 engine and the filter was so awkward to access properly. Took ages to get it undone from underneath.!!.
This time I have a 2.0 MX5 and I believe it’s slightly easier to access?.. Also purchased an oil filter removal tool and I have access to a pit,so hopefully shouldn’t be too awkward…

One of the very few things I only ever buy from dealers is O/E oil filters, for cars and bikes.
Stems from one non genuine collapsing internally leading to catastrophic engine failure, and another one splitting (on a bike) which plastered the rear tyre with the hot lube oil, which obviously isn’t great.
QC on the non original stuff has probably improved these days, and I’ve probably just been unlucky, but the cost difference is negligible so for me not worth the risk.

1 Like

It’s not like that on the NC K&N oil filter, pretty much the same shape as the Mazda/Bosch filters.:+1:

I always use OEM filters…