anyone got one or got any helpful info?
the more old-skool-looking the better. :drooling_face:

http://mx5digital.com/

MX5parts sell it

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/digital-dash-white-mk1-p-4343.html

I suppose it depends what you mean as ā€œold skollā€ [sic]

Lancia Orca old school?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bet the mean time between failures on that Lancia dashboard was not longā€¦

Going to be a lot of plastic shrapnel when the airbag goes offā€¦

1 Like

omg luv it. i think iā€™ve seen an install viddy of dat one. exactly what i had in mind. :drooling_face:
heheh yeah, as soon as i sent the msg, i thought i didnā€™t really explain what i mean. i suppose i mean nowadays LED displays in cars are nothing remarkable. but modern ones look exactly like that modern ones. nice smooth fonts for the letters and numbers. some people, maybe most people, want modern ones. they donā€™t want throwbacks. not knocking it. but personally for a car thatā€™s 27 years old, i would go for the LED displays of the time, perhaps slightly before. kind of like Back To The Future type displays. :blush: as for dat green one, er, no. :smiley:

Love that 80s futuristic tec, I wouldnā€™t have a clue how to work it but it just looks so good and ahead of its time, I believe its old school tec like this that pushed the boundaries and paved the way for the advanced technology we have in our cars today :smiley:

1 Like

exactly. i thought they would be super complicated to install but thereā€™s install vids on the youtubes showing people putting em in. i certainly couldnā€™t do it. but plenty of people can. yeah, i find the modern displays very impressive and they look great but theyā€™re not for me. :blush:

Iā€™m lost. the car concerned is a Mk1, with instruments very much modeled on a 1960s display. But making it look like a MG Maestro dashboard makes it look for ā€œretroā€.

Most of the dash swaps are for race cars, where they need a more detailed, switchable display.

1 Like

:open_mouth: i like both of those, especially the top one.
lol maestro, but true. :blush: