One last drive??

So, as a hypothetical question…to get us all thinking…if you had to pick a route for one last drive in your mx5 before retiring forever, where would you go? I suppose we should limit this to Europe or maybe UK roads?

Anywhere about where I stay (Helensburgh) & further North, some of the local roads, the A82 to Fort William & Malaig, A83 Rest & Be Thankful towards Dunoon & Campbelltown - really spoiled for choice living in the West of Scotland :slight_smile:

The Loire Valley - via Normandy. A pipe dream.

Have to think about that for a bit, but it certainly wouldn’t be the M25 - the “Highway to Hell” as it’s been called!

Actually Gerry’s choice would be pretty high on my list!

I’d be staying BTW!

A great run would be in north Wales to lake brenig.or portmerion.bliss.

Down to the crem!

Seeing as you’re in North Yorkshire…how about the Dales and Lake District ? 

Yes over the Dales to Cumbria and then Borrowdale to Honister and Buttermere would be on my short list.

Fort William to Mallaig then back via Mingarry  then a detour to the Ardenmurgan light house then back to Fort William via the loch road.

Brecon Beacons/Black mountains then the lanes on Ceredigian

Down to the pub then Beachy Head?

Transfagarasan Highway in Romania

A few laps around the full Nürburgring, but with Sabine as chauffeur, and the Ride of the Valkyries playing at full blast in competition with the exhaust.  It would send me off just right.

The chance to speak to Sabine would finish me off! - A goddess in my book.

Had to chat with a girl at Mcgard in Germany a couple of years ago, the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard in my life - I’m serious. I fell instantly in love with that voice (an odd habit of mine!) and it will go with me to the grave - or the Crem. I should say. There’s something about a female with a German accent that throws me - same with Sabine, though her voice will never be as sweet as the one mentioned.