Painted calipers on a ND

Hi all
I’m wanting to paint the calipers on my ND.
It’s machine grey and I want something that’s not that common.
At the moment I’m tempted toward a Tiffany blue or acid green

Has anyone else painted the calipers on their ND and if so any pics?

Cheers
Steve

1 Like

It is on a white ND but @Akari_Kuro painted his calipers a rather vibrant green:

I am sure I have seen a few others with similarly coloured calipers but can’t find the threads at the moment :confused:

1 Like

WOW! Looking at the pictures, he even painted the back of the pads green!

@ChrisRs went for gold on his:

Something that might influence you is that some of Skoda’s VRS models have green calipers…

2 Likes

I’m not agin other folk doing it, but caliper-painting and mushroom-stuffing are in the same category for me - life’s too short:)

However, if it were done, then t’were well it were done properly, as Shakespeare didn’t say. I certainly wouldn’t have the patience to do a proper job.

Paint them black. They are cheap sliding iron callipers. Why highlight those?? Alloy mono block multi pot callipers are bright to show the world they are special. ■■■■ cast iron callipers should be hidden away not advertised in bright colours.

2 Likes

Get some Willwood calipers instead.

1 Like

Can’t afford them at the moment

The thing is the standard brake callipers on the ND and NC are very good efficient standard ones. (I can’t comment on NA or NB).
Not many tuners state to uprate them even with supercharger or turbo packages. Yes of course you can if you want to.:+1:
Big money to get updated callipers and discs because “They look nice”.
With alloy wheels it’s hardly easy to hide them away either no matter what colour you paint them.
Therefore, in my opinion paint them what colour you want to please yourself.
Perhaps a couple of days to do the job properly and it’s not as if we are all rushed off our feet with lots of other things to do due to the current lockdown.
I will be doing mine in the spring as I would prefer to do that instead of mushroom stuffing :wink:.
Go for it. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

When they look as bad as mine anything is an improvement , as the previous owner decided to try and touch up the beat up looking alloys on my Mk3 and f*cked it up, as they still look ■■■■, and there is over spray on the calipers, I will change wheels and maybe calipers one day but can’t afford any of that at the moment.
I was thinking Black or Navy Blue , didn’t want anything to bright to draw attention to the old alloys :face_with_monocle: :grin:

2 Likes

Many thanks for that.
Sadly some git reversed thie car into my nose cone and left a dent and creased the paint so when I was talking to the sprayer about getting it done he also gave me a quote to spray the calipers so they will be done professionally and heat treated to dry properly. I can have any colour I want. Just thought the Tiffany blue would look the nicest and still look classy.
As for covid I don’t have to worry as he will work on my drive outside so no contact etc.

1 Like

its all personal choice , i think painted callipers look great ,

3 Likes

Very nice! Like the graphic on there as well! :+1:

1 Like

Even better if they can do that👍
Blue would be my choice out of the two that you would like.
Mine will either be boring silver or black because you can see them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

cheers , i had loads made by local chap , for £5

( picture before wheels refurbed )

may have gone a bit OTT :crazy_face: :rofl:

4 Likes

Very nice mate! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Right…bonus confirmed, so car booked for mid Feb…colour confirmed

2 Likes