Pedalbox for NC,ND

Hi, just wondering…is anyone here familiar with the “pedalbox”? https://www.pedalbox.com › en
It’s a device which you connect to the accelerator pedal and creates a more responive feeling when accelerating. On the French forum they’re very enthusiastic about this item, many installed it (only for NC and ND).

if its is what i think it is when i was working at JLR we were testing it in an XKR. Basically the system uses a non linear throttle pedal range where in city gives you more throttle pedal range to control low rpm and only when you floor it the rpm change is more rapid and reach full engine rpm. (think of it like an exponential curve relationship instead of linear). when it detects you are in b roads on countryside the throttle pedal was as normal.

I didn’t like it nor I want a computer to control my throttle pedal. I can just barely accept cruise control systems. Not sure if it was implemented.

All modern accelerator pedals are effectively an enhanced volume control potentiometer. Sometimes a couple of switches are added for things like kick-down or cold cranking, sometimes it’s a double tracked pot for reliability. Usually it is an expensive precision device designed for low electrical noise and long life.

The pedal box thing just changes the volts/position law slightly. This is easily done with another potentiometer to bias it a bit or a transistor to feed some bias current into it. Lots of ways are possible.

The expensive bits in the circuit are the two plugs and the little boxes with das blinkenlichts.

Your car, your choice. Not mine. :grinning:

2 Likes

I find the turbo creates a more responsive feeling when accelerating. :laughing:

1 Like

Very good :joy::+1:

Well, it is worth researching. Because I had a Mercedes SL with the Pedal response and it was fantastic, It is an extra that can be fitted. As an aftermarket gadget
My one had a simple on off button. Red when on and Green when off.

I never knew of its existence until I was cleaning the dashboard one day and accidentally engaged the system by accident. I was so chuffed I left it on red…