Permanent 12V in cabin for Garmin Mini Dash Cam with Parking Mode cable

What’s your VIN MX-Pilot? Those fuses are numbered differently to the UK wiring diagram that I have. There should be a permanent live a positions 10, 11 & 12 (8, 9 & 10 on my UK wring diagram) going from the fuse box diagram posted above.

Yep, I have the cable and when I was testing it, it worked just like you described. The problem I have is when I lock the car with the remote, the parking mode turns off. It’s not the doors locking that causes the problem, because I manually lock them and it all works OK :thinking:

Does your Parking mode LED remain flashing after you have locked the car using the remote?

Thanks for your help. I’m gutted I’m having issues, when I had it working it was pretty cool.

Yes I always and only use the remote.

1 Like

IT MAY BE YOU HAVE THE WRONG SETTING SELECTED?

See 6 below (if not already checked).

1. Pair the Garmin Dash Cam Mini with the Garmin Drive App
  1. Open the Garmin Drive App

2. Touch the Gear Wheel icon

3. Select the Garmin Dash Cam Mini

4. Touch Parking Mode
    6. Select the duration for which you would like the device to remain in Parking Mode

The device will remain in Parking Mode for the selected duration after the ignition is turned off. The red LED will blink while the device is on standby, but it will turn solid red if the Dash Cam detects footage and begins recording.

It is possible for a Dash Cam to pick up some unnecessary instances of motion from normal occurrences in the environment and save video clips to its memory card during a Parking Mode period.

Any movement which occurs within the field of view of the Dash Cam can potentially be captured and saved as a Parking Mode video. It is not necessary to review this footage unless you suspect that the camera may have recorded something of value. Parking Mode videos will not overwrite any videos or incidents saved during normal use of the Dash Cam.

SEE THIS AT 4
.https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=bt38i9EcYu1Dv2aPhmTTR6

Hi Guys,

I don’t know what to tell you. I went for a spin to give the Dash cam a bit of a shake down test and now I’ve parked up and locked the car the parking mode is working perfectly :thinking:

So I’m not sure what was causing the issues I was having. Perhaps it just needed to be ‘turned off and back on again’ or maybe it was a battery voltage issue. I don’t know, but so far so good. Thanks for all the advice :+1:t2:

Hi, I went out to take a photo of the vin number and couldn’t resist going for a spin - and it all seems to work now. Technology! :smile: