Photobucket - All change again

Photobucket looks to have a new management team in place.  The huge fees that were introduced a while ago have now been reduced by about 95% and all old 3rd party hosted images in forums across the world have been restored (for now).

I did a very quick check on our forum and it looks like the old photos are currently working Smile

I guess people will need to pay the fees for 3rd party hosting in the long term for the photos to stay working though.

Whether people are willing to return to Photobucket and pay them remains to be seen…trust in the company can’t be great…

Some news about the changes can be seen below:

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/05/17/1508498/0/en/Photobucket-Introduces-New-Management-Team-and-Pricing-Plan-to-Address-Diverse-Customer-Needs-and-Re-establish-Customer-Trust.html

Thanks for that info. Quite a big turn around for them but little on the web about it other than the article you posted and one other I found. Perhaps to late for them, who’s going to trust them now!

I was never that keen on PB in the first place but after that image ransom stunt they pulled, they deserve all the mistrust they are receiving. IMO it was a blatant breach of trust and it threw so many places on the internet into chaos with so many helpful tutorials, avatars, item revues, whatever, suddenly robbed of their illustrations without warning.  This new change is clearly a damage limitation exercise but I don’t understand why they hadn’t anticipated the strength of the backlash in the first place.  These people make their money from the internet, they are internet natives.  Surely they should have been able to predict what was going to happen?  It was blatantly obvious to so many other people.

For most purposes, better and often free alternatives exist.  I know that I would be moving anything I had of value away from them.

I took all of mine off PB and closed the account. I know it was free to and can’t argue with that but it had become so much of a pain to use and often crashed.

There’s better out there anyway, so no going back for me.

I did exactly the same. I made the decision to remove my photos and close my account while they still allowed me access to it.

At the end, as they wouldn’t allow me to copy the photos so I could store them anywhere else it was pointless leaving them there.

Interesting.

Never paid for this, but then my BotoPhuckett bypass may still be in play. 

Can you all see the photo of my Roadster & Tank?

Mmmm… Ok then…

SWMBO’s Sport? I can see it fine.

Having read about Photobucket I thought I would check up and see if any of my old posts can now be viewed with all the images I posted. Check this out.                                                                                                                 https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst388_Refurbish-your-wheels--Pollyana---NA--MK1--NB--MK2.aspx

and this      https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst813_Pollys-engine-bling.aspx

I don’t know where I found time to do these long write ups, never mind the time involved in also doing the actual work on the car.

A few of my old Mk2.5 Owners Check Chassis Rails have “reappeared” Not all though. 

Scottishfiver, I can see the tank pic, the chopper pic and SWMBO’s Sport.

Appreciated response. At last!