Problems with gear selection

Mark 3 2008 problems with gear selection 87000 miles is the slave cylinder a regular problem .? is it easy to replace

Not sure about the slave cylinder but adjustment of the linkage between the clutch pedal and master cylinder is a very common problem. It certainly was a problem with my car.
You’ll find several threads on here about it.
Its an easy job for a skinny contortionist with three long arms…

1 Like

Not from my limited experience, but I do believe there have been some clutch slave issues.
If there is evidence of a leak, such as damp fluid on the outside then the seals have gone and there may well be air in there meaning you will not be getting full movement.
Another thought is you could try bleeding it when you are under there looking for a leak, five minute job and may well fix the problem.
Again, not changed one myself, but I believe access is easy and it is not a big job.

Check youtube video Mx5 Miata clutch slave cylinder replacement it shows the slave location and change out on a mk3 and also shows the cracked clutch pedal mount which actually caused the problem with gear selection.
The video post shows manual bleeding of the clutch but a pressure bleeder may give better results

mine was a lot bettter after bleeding fresh fluid through it (and brakes) , so worth a try if you haven’t done it yet