proud dad

BYC has been highly successful and is currently the highest ranked choir from Great Britain in the World Rankings winning 8 first prizes in the World Choir Games 2014, and European Choir Games in 2015 and 2017. As a registered charity it serves over 400 children and young people aged 4-24 years old in 6 separate choirs and has received many awards, including an MBE.

Today my daughter (15) will fly with BYC to tour South Africa for 12 days  , singing with many world class choirs from all over S. AFRICA

they will be going to Durban , Drackensberg , Pretoria , johannesburg , visit Mandela house , pilansberg game reserve and a lion safari park in driven jeeps.

there are over 400 in the choir ,from 4yrs to young adults , but mainly just school bairns from sunny Barnsley , i am just so staggered by their success and brilliance  

unfortunately they could only take 60+ ( due to huge financial cost ) 

they picked the best of the best and fortunately she got through the tough auditions 

it is an experience she will never forget and i’m so proud of her !

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant!  You are proud of her, and rightly so!!  Among the best of the best singing real music!!!  I wish her and the rest of the choir every success!

thanks countryboy, you can check them out on spotify

Absolutely fantastic

I couldn’t have put it better myself Countryboy!

Fantastic news Bally3.

a few pics i’ve had sent from SA , thought i’d share …

they are having the most fantastic time   

1 Like

Reminds me of the Sound of Music, which one is Julie Andrews?

Are those very scenic pics from Cathedral Peak in the Drakensbergs?

yes, while singing with the drackensberg boys choir

Proud , and rightly so , enjoy every minute.

Boz

BYC are due to go to Flanders in Belgium in the summer to compete in the WORLD CHOIR GAMES , my daughter is again picked for the team :heart: :heart:, unless its all cancelled due to the coronavirus :rage:

this is by Barnsley youth choir and Tuks Camerata ,made while everyone is in lockdown :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

SWMBO & I enjoyed that very much.
They could fill the Albert Hall.
Staggeringly professional.

1 Like

Fantastic.

1 Like