puzzled

Anyone any idea what this is  must be something of my mk1 but since ive had it stripped down theres probably a few things im puzzled on.

I’m probably wrong,but it looks like a clip that you would find on the rods connected to the door handles

Hmm it could well be m8 cause i have had them off the car but not sure whereabouts would fit.

There is something vaguely familiar about it running round me head but can a hell put me finger on it but im sure ya on the right lines with the doors.

If it’s threaded there are lots of different names for it…universal nut…false nut…clamping nut…usually used on plastic panels where you can’t thread the plastic, you can get them threaded to take a bolt or they may have tangs (for want of a better word) so you can use a self tapper. VAUXHALL CLAMPING NUT - GENUINE NEW - 24443827
Does it look something similar to this?

Its funny you should put that on safetymatch because ive just been trying to find some of them on E bay the plastic ones that fit on the arch of the rear bumper but cant find any.

They are called spire clips but that not whats in my picture.

It looks a bit like a wire retaining/clamping washer. Sometimes found on the battery terminals, solenoids, starter motors and alternator connections. Some 13 amp plugs use a similar but smaller version. 

I think Mad Malc is on the right track, i still fit Lucas key switches with those terminal clamps.

Thanks for the replies chaps I’ll have a look tomorrow night