Pyrenees 2018

A fantastic tour for lovers of great roads and great scenery. A 2 week tour or can be spit into  6 day (900 mile) or 8 day (1200 mile)  tours depending on time and budget.  Starts 16th June and finishes 1st July. The split can be done on the 24th June so anyone wanting to finish after 6 days goes back and those wanting to join come on the same day.

Detailed itineraries have been worked out and hotels chosen but because this is not a commercial tour, anyone wanting to come must book their own. The only non-refundable item is £45 for the Brittany Ferries booking.

If you are on Facebook see our European Road Touring page here:

https://www.facebook.com/European-Road-Touring-1502439856472469/

or join the European Road Touring group

Are the details only on Facebook?

Yes they are.  The general details are on the Facebook page of European Road Touring and you can join the group of the same name. If you do decide to sign up, details of the ferry and booking links to the hotels would be sent to you.

If you’re not on FB, please pm me for details.

Best regards

Jack

I do not do Facebook at all, so cannot see anything, the link will not work.

just a thought from an experience I had in France two years ago ,I had no spare wheel in a Hyundai at the time , and only had a tyre repair kit . I had a nail go through the tyre , the repair kit eg foam did not work , spent two days getting the right tyre . 

just Brought a MX5 came with a repair kit only , so my question is when you do these trips how do you get over this problem in Europe, as it’s impossible to take a spare tyre and luggage and two people ?

Hi, we did the Circuite Historiqe in Laon a couple of years ago, I was concerned over the same issue. I ended up putting a semi permanent sealant into each tyre? 4 sachets from eBay for £20. Still in there and not had a puncture ( or none that I know of  ) Couple of points though, regularly check your tyres for foreign objects which TBH you should do regardless, if the car stands a lot like mine, the liquid settles to the bottom of the wheel and when you set off, the wheels are out of balance? It soon redistributes around the wheel though? A mile or so and its fine? The liquid is water soluble and can be washed out, it’s not going to offend a tyre fitter, or shouldn’t? Other good point, never lost tyre pressure since installing 

Barrie

EDIT; this is the stuff

http://www.tyre-sealant.com/car-tyre-sealant/

You can get a bag that sits on the boot. Easy to remove so that when you get to your hotel you can undo the straps and remove it

I use a Nissan GTR in Europe and the tyre sizes are 285x20 front and 305x20 rear so like you spares are not provided. I also have a tyre repair kit and the foam. But I also have the premium Green Flag recovery insurance and I have been assured by them that they will recover the car in the event of a puncture. The problem then would be getting the tyres. Fingers always crossed.

Did a 3 day drive after the Spa Classic in May

Just got back from 2400 mile Pyrenees trip.

Off to the Black Forest via. the Nurburgring in September. Some more great roads there.