RAC Breakdown Insurance Rip-off

I know it’s a bit off piste on this thread…however.

Hastings as I mentioned? Got my son’s first renewal in. He’s been no bother, no claims, and not really used the car much due to deployments in which case it’s either been with me, or parked in a secure Military compound.

Therefor, from £669.00 last year to £886.43p for 2017/18 seemed odd. 

I called them and politely informed them to email me the precise criteria for the hike…given the above facts and having earned his first years NCD. I also informed them I’d only renew for last year’s price and not one cent more. Ten minutes later…£593.57p after it “was escalated to a senior underwriter”

Really? More like I was put on hold while she did her nails.

It ought not to be like this. Frankly, I have better things to do.

^^^ Yes it’s what they can get away with.

Recently I was quoted £382 for 2 cars. they were ringing me back the following week after I’d chewed it over. They rang back as promised only with a requote of £424, they had lost the first quote even though it was saved on the system. Anyways after a talk with the boss (put on hold) they came back with the proper price.

Documents came in the post days later only to find I park both cars on the driveway, nope the Mk3 is always garaged when not in use. Back on the phone, you got the details wrong on the Mazda I told them, ho! sorry, redone now we owe you £20. 

So an original quote from the previous insurers totalled £455 for both cars, definately worth getting the quote thing every year whatever you are buying home/car/breakdown but don’t stop there, the one that rang me I still knocked another chunk off their quotes on the compare sites.

Now today…RAC want our renewaL Up 40% despite never having needed them in 12 years due of course to driving only Mx5’s which as we know…don’t break down!

So, the the RAC today…rearrange this well known phrase.  “Forth go multiply and…”Wink

Double post due to “hanging 404” SITE ISSUE.