Re: Recomended Garages/Workshops for dealing with rust in Gainsborough/Saxilby area

Hi Guy,

Are you still up for this mate?

Absolutely. Mine is on the ramp at the moā€™ as Iā€™m tackling the timing belt but as soon as sheā€™s on the road Iā€™ll be over (or I could just pop over in my Corolla before that :wink:).
Let me know what suits you mate.
Cheers.

Totally upto you mate did you want to hit me up on faceache?

Hi Scott, sorry I donā€™t have Face ache. :smirk:
Iā€™ll drop you a DM so we can work something out.
Cheers,
Guy

thanks mate

We have found a local chap, very reasonable pricing and so far has been doing a great job photographing before and after the various jobs needed, like under all the wheel arch covers showing the work before coving it all up again.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up Scott. Good to see youā€™re getting the bodywork done :+1:

1 Like

How did it turn out? Iā€™m in North Lincs and have a very tidy and original Mk2.5 that is going to need some bodywork in the near future but Iā€™d rather do nothing till I find the right place

Very good, he was recently going to do a wing respray and clean up but stripped the liner and found a massive hole which he sorted instead for me after sending me a video as it would deffo fail an MOT if found, so he has a conscience too and doesnā€™t just ā€œdo the jobā€.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing thisā€¦

Hi Guys,

Just had the dreaded MOT failure and got this as the list of ā€œthings that need doingā€

Question is does that sound like a high price to you?

Scott, you could save yourself a princely sum by doing the brakes yourself. Theyā€™re not too difficult to do. :thinking:
There are plenty of videos on YouTube to help with changing stuff like that.
For the suspension components it might be worth having a peep on MX5PARTS to see what that sort of thing generally costs.

The tyres look sensible but theyā€™re an unknown brand to me.

Engine flush and treatment, is that entirely necessary I wonder? I canā€™t help thinking that a simple oil change could be sufficient but Iā€™m not an expert.

Let us know how you get on. :+1:

1 Like