Re-vamped web site

A big thank you to everyone who commented on my original posting on this subject.

01mx5’s technical explanation on why the forum is ‘as it is’ regarding image posting went right over my head, I must admit.  But then I’m a bit of a ‘techno-thickie’ compared to some folk on here. 

I can upload pictures, and indeed have done in the past, but always found it a right royal pain-in-the-arse, so I have simply not bothered for a couple of years.

Anyway, I’m pleased to learn from this thread that easier image posting is on the way.  I guess we must all just wait and see, trust the forum’s administrators and tech boys, and hope we are not being conned.

Probably enough said then !

With deep respect all i am reading is excuses, and not any views in this of finding solutions?? there is always a way if an effort is put in and blinkered in a goal… mx5 life had a drag and drop system in place before 2012, menders was started in 2011 and was one of the major things that was on the hit list to add which we did and it also re-sizes automatically which is something we got working because of the storage space and as you say costs, so in the time you set this went live to now we have solved, and found solutions to things this board as not, we seek solutions to issues to get what is needed to help others, i understand that the membership database needed to be merged in ,in many ways, we will never ever hit that issue, and can only but guess the nightmare that would entail… but i am sure solutions could of been found and made to work as the rest of us have done, even with full time jobs, families running forums and groups etc etc.

but the adding of pics was not the only issue, and a lot of tech people with knowledge of these roadsters that was on her to help, find the board hard going and the attitude towards us was terrible and we moved on to the boards loss.

lets see what the new board brings , some will be happy ,some will not and is the nature of the beast we deal with daily that we take on the chins for helping with our free time.

M-m

Catch-22 !!.  In order to use the amended instructions for posting photos I went to print them as I can’t remember them and I can’t read them on the screen as I’m doing it, but low and behold I have a “printer error”, something about a “Spooler” (?).  So I did a Google search and found sites with a cure for the problem, but the instructions are quite involved I can’t remember them and I can’t read them on the screen as I’m doing it  so I went to print them, but low and behold I have a “printer error”, something about a “Spooler” (?)

All these questions keep getting asked time and time again. Ramsey (01mx5) spends a lot of his time giving detailed replies. This is time that I’m sure he would rather be spending working on the new forum. What’s needed is a thread telling us what is happening and giving details on the new forum. I was going to suggest this but after a quick search I find there is one already. If you haven’t seen it check out this thread -

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst114557_New-Forum-Update.aspx

Looking forward to the new forum. Sounds good to me. My only question now is do we have an estimate of when it might be live?

Postimage, that’s about all that is needed to post pics.

https://postimages.org/

It’s as easy to do on a phone/tablet too, you just open an additional tab. Whatever website/forum I use (apart from Facebook) it gets used each time I want to post a picture.

Ramsey is not working on the new forum…and the live date was in the last mag.

M-m