Rear splash guard fixing

1. My model of MX-5 is: NA
  2. I’m based near: Newcastle
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on:rear arch splash guard - the black ones in the arches - not the mud flaps

My mx5 (5 owners, one of who was a :clown_face:) came without the splash guards on although they were stuffed up under the rear deck behind the spare tyre covered in mud.

Across the top of the guards I have one screw hole and on the car there are two. The one to the left in the pic below does not have a corresponding hole in the guard I have (which appears to be an MX5 NA guard) . It’s the same story both sides. I have looked all around and cannot see corresponding close ups of compete cars arches to explain what should be happening here. Does anyone know?

I also have a round hole in the top left of the guard drivers side about a cm across which seems to correspond to a round hole in the chassis rail but they don’t line up. Should they? Should there be a fitting that goes in it? What’s this hole for? I’ve been using it for wax. Should it just have a grommet in it?

Both the 1cm hole and the apparently redundant fitting point are both in the picture although if your looking at the pic on a phone you may need to turn it on its side to see the full picture…

Many thanks