RECARO SPORT TECH ( 34k ) ..the story so far!

hi keith …
that sounds an amazing car :sunglasses:
now , if mine was just like that :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

saturday was seats out saturday !!!

( derek , if your reading this , please don’t be offended …i do this to all my cars :nerd_face: )
ps… you did want it to go to an enthusiast :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cleaned,

a good vacuuming and wipe down…

the leather and alcantara seats all valeted ,

all refitted with a final vac + wipe ,

more to follow :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Geoff, that is some passion you have there. The wife says can you come and do her car.

Any thoughts on the appointment at JR Classics. If you can’t make it I’ll phone and cancel

1 Like

hi , yes i would like to take it but reading the information you gave me , the warranty is NOT transferable :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

plus i’m working 12 hr shifts for the next few weeks so unable to make that date :frowning: :frowning:
so feel free to cancel that appointment :+1:

i will contact the company direct during summer for them to check it :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

even the pedals got a good fettle :laughing:

1 Like

the recaro has very recently been fitted with MEISTER suspension by RODDISONS MOTORSPORT , with full alignment and corner weighting :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I didn’t even know they made this model (head stuck in Mk1 territory) but those seats are sooo nice! Impressed with this model :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello bally3
A few shots of the rear.
Cheers
Keith

2 Likes

nice work there keith :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Lovely car Bally3, and likewise yours Keith. Both are giving me the itch to fettle my car more, I’m loving the very subtle look of the mods. Already done a few things, have got the fuel flap ready to colour code to my car replacing the alloy one and will definitely be looking into those splitters and centre exit exhaust, very Porsche boxter! I’m liking the idea of the fogs becoming DRL’s as I usually drive with the main beam on anyway just for safety. Is it an easy mod?

1 Like

thanks spencey , i have ordered the bulbs for the DRL’s so will let you know regards fitting when i get round to doing it …12hr nights rest of week :sleeping: :sleeping: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

engine bay day !
heres were i started ,

heres after a good fettle , any remaining marks are drips , overspray from cavity injection , and its a pig to remove :persevere:

its coming up really nice :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

thanks for looking guys :sunglasses:

8 Likes

What did you use on the under bonnet spruce up?

1 Like

bally3
I once tried, many years ago to clean my Imp’s engine bay with Gunk, yes it worked,
but starting the car was difficult. Since then i have relied on a rag & sore knuckles.
I would love to have the info on your cleaning product/technique, please share.
Cheers
Keith

1 Like

I think Bally used just elbow grease, the liquid type. He did on his last NC

2 Likes

Elbow grease!
Yes that’s the stuff :white_check_mark:
Spray it on , work in with small paint brush .
then jet wash in to all corners
( on low pressure)
I always keep the engine running while doing this .

2 Likes

MickAP & bally3
Thank you both
Cheers
Keith

1 Like

I thought i’d share a few of the upgrades that the RECARO has had to enhance it’s looks and performance …:partying_face: :partying_face:

ok ,so its had the meisters fitted , aligned and corner weighted :ok_hand:

another improvement is its REMAP TO 180 BHP by clive at AUTOTRONIX in sheffield.
complete with the IL motorsport manifold :nerd_face:
:red_car: :red_car: :red_car:

its such a nice car to drive :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Given your experience of having owned and driven most variants, how does the mk3 manifold and remap feel on the road. Could you give some comparisons with stock?

hi dave ,
ive only done 150 miles or so in it but the main difference to me is its “drivebility” ,
its better throttle response in 1st ( from stand still ) and 2nd due to better low down torque i presume .
The power is more consistant and it sounds great when the revs are on :sunglasses:

Only the manifold is changed on mine , mid section and back box are standard :+1:

2 Likes