RECARO SPORT TECH ( 34k ) ..the story so far!

hi … :nerd_face:
i thought i’d share my new purchase :sunglasses:
this is as i bought it a few days ago
( big thanks to DELPEL :+1: :+1: :+1: )

i have been giving it a good fettle over the weekend :smiley: so i’ll post some pics as i go along :ok_hand:
cheers guys :+1:

15 Likes

Very nice, and looks good…! :ok_hand:
Rob

1 Like

Looks awesome mate! Congratulations on the purchase :beers:

1 Like

Very nice…

1 Like

What happened to Winning Blue?!

1 Like

it had to go to make way for this :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m trying to keep up Bally :thinking:

Looking nice, didn’t even notice the winning blue had gone.:roll_eyes::grin:

2 Likes

He certainly doesn’t hang around! Normally,I get a chance to see each of Geoff’s purchases and run outs together. He had the winning blue for such a short time, I never did either of those things! :rofl: Hopefully, he’ll hang onto the Recaro long enough for me to see it properly! :nerd_face:

Barrie

1 Like

Very nice. Is that another MX5 peeping around the corner of your house in the second picture?

1 Like

Hi :wave:
There is another 5 , :rofl::rofl::rofl:
But not mine :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hello bally3
Welcome to the Sport Tech Recaro owners “club”. We met at Elvington at the, sadly, voided MX5 World Record attempt. I bought mine from Rodders November 2017.
If Paul has not already been approached for some enhancement work you know where to go!
Cheers
Keith

1 Like

hi , keith , yes i remember speaking with you and admiring your recaro :racing_car:
this car has already visited roddisons and has many enhancements, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
these will be revealed in my thread :thinking: :nerd_face:

here goes ,
the car was not garaged with the previous owner and the rain run off channels all around the car were starting to clog up with green mould .
so i set about giving it a good fettle .

cleaned…

cleaned…

cleaned…

any marks left are overspray / drips of cavity injection / undersealing ( dinitrol )

thanks for looking :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Springs or coil overs? Ride height looks perfect :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

As mentioned, the 5 has been professionally fully undersealed and cavity injected to keep away the dreaded rust :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Dinitrol products used at a cost of £680

heres a few pics,

1 Like

is that how much professional underseal costs :grimacing:

2 Likes

Now that is a nice looking car!

1 Like

Hello bally3
I look forward to progress with your Recaro. I thought you may find these details of my car of interest. First registered in Hayling Island Hampshire 2014 brought up North to
the Saddleworth area by Joey D a frequent Nutzer. Joey spent time & money on the car:-
ECU work by Blink motorsport,IL: Motorsport 4 branch exhaust manifold: RX8 roll bars
Blue Print droplinks: Tein Mono Sport coilovers: Royal steering wheel: stubby aerial:
RX8 intermittent wiper: Up rated bulbs: Carbon Miata subtle front & rear spoilers.
I thought Joey D’s modifications were in keeping with what I would do.

Paul Roddison supplied & MOT’d, changed all oils engine, gearbox & diff, cleaned &
polished the car & I drove home snuggly held in place by the Recaro’s.
Carl at CBS Autos Dinitroled every cavity, the car being corrosion free with just 13k miles. Carl also converted the fog lights to DRL’s via the ignition using 35watt Cree
LED bulbs.
Plus some clever work to ensure I had rear DRL’s as well. Carl services the car on a regular basis.
I changed the o/e wheels to Tracklite 17x7.5 fitted with Kumho PS71 215/45/17’s.
Back to Sheffield for another Rodders educational evening. The following morning
Paul improved the exhaust added a 200 cell cat. Aligned & corner weighted the car,
well worth it indeed.
I fitted leather hand brake & gear change gaiters plus some boot sound proofing.
Fitted Stebel Nautilus Marine horn; fitted Smart Top retractable hard top controller.
You probably know some of the Sport Tech Recaro’s were destined to become Jota’s.
Mazda somewhat over priced Jota’s hence we both have Recaro’s as they left the factory.
Something that I found attractive about the Jota was the rear diffuser &
twin centre exit exhaust.
Carbon Miata supplied the diffuser & I had a custom made exhaust fitted. Not too
loud below 3k rpm a few pops for fun. Deleted the engine compartment induction
plastic thing, exhaust sound preferable.
Job to be done, fit switch over indicator/DRL’s need smaller hands!!
I need to recall how to post a picture, it looks like yours without the stripe.
Cheers
Keith

1 Like

Looking good there Geoff. Can’t imagine how anybody would let such a beautiful example of a car get green mouldy bits on :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I have an appointment booked at JR Classics for the 5th May at 9.30am for an annual top up on the underseal. Do you want to go and I’ll let them know the car has a new owner?

2 Likes

hi derek , i hope you are not too upset looking at my pictures :cry:
i will look after it , i promise :sunglasses:

i did mention it was previously your car in another thread about RECARO’S
thanks again :ok_hand: