Remote boot release Mk3 2006

Hi. I am new here so apologies if this is a repeated question. I have had a look around but can’t find the answer. My 2006 Mx5 boot lid won’t open via the key. It will pop open using the button on the dash and by inserting the key in the lock. The batteries in the key fob are new. Everything else works. Any ideas? Thanks. 

First thing to do is try holding the button down on the fob - it won’t open with a simple quick press. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I’d assume there to be either a lack of contact with the button or a defective PCB in the key… though impossible (for me) to tell if the rest of the key fob is working fine…

Thank you for you reply. I have tried both keys so I am guessing it’s the car not the keys?

it’s a long press to pop the boot with the fob, about 1 second.

Yes… I have heard there is a button in the boot but have failed to find it. I have held the bottom down for 4 to 5 seconds and no joy! I may have to bite the bullet and visit Mr Mazda!! But thanks for the input.

I would try a new battery in the key fob first … thats what sorted mine when it wouldnt open