Replacement number plate

Previously when requiring a set of number plates I have just ordered “show plates” via ebay to avoid the need to post the necessary documentation, however the dvla seem to strictly enforcing the rules.

After much digging around found ukregplates.co.uk which is dvla approved & you simply upload the necessary documentation at the end of the process.

I was impressed … very easy process & delivered the next day

2 Likes

I have used ebay seller jap_graphics for a few years. It’s easy to order shorter 5/6/7 number plates, fully legal. Even a 7 digit plate can be shorter than standard if you forgo the ‘GB’ bit as I do. I use shorter (about 465mm v 520mm) plates on the MX5 as they look slightly less oversized on a small car.

This one is a short 7 digit plate for a 5 digit number, but I wanted it to cover the unfortunate screwholes made by the dealer.

Good find. I have always avoided sending my documents.

This month I ordered and received a set of plates ordered from platesforcars.co.uk. Fully UK legal and based in Dublin to avoid the requirement for supporting document provision and checking.

Prompt dispatch and delivery via DPD permitting tracking. Plates are of good quality construction and are on the car. Not sure what else to say, really - as you would expect they look very number platey :wink:

Very pleased and would definitely use the company again.

I notice that they also require proof of entitlehment & address before the plates are posted

I notice that they also require proof of entitlehment & address

Yes, but you can scan the V5 and a utility bill and email them. I wouldn’t use non-compliant plates, although nothing unpleasant seems to happen to those that do.