Retro fitting Sat Nav into SE (ND)

Has anyone retro-fitted the SatNav infotainment centre into an SE? If so, is it a difficult or easy job? many thanks.

jtc you have a private message.

jtc you have a private message.

That is only one private message.
This is the first time I have been caught out with a double post, so mad with myself, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Did you get sorted as I have the same question

Hi M,
If you have the small screen then the answer is no. If you have the large screen then yes. All you need is to purchase the SD card with the maps on.
:heart:

Can you fit the large screen and head unit in place of the small screen, and will it work - or does it require programming?

Also, is it possible to set the mpg/odometer to display l/10km and kms with the small screen?

I have been onto Mazda and various dealers and none can do it.

Hi S, Welcome. The simple answer is no. Don’t worry about what you have not got and just enjoy what you do have. It is the same car undeath with all it’s positive attributes, plus it weighs slightly less as well.
:heart:

Tbh I think you’d be better off just buying a Tom-Tom or a decent phone holder! The silly great OEM screen doesn’t do much for the interior decor, and it’s operation isn’t brilliant and even with CarPlay installed suffers from the usual deliberate(?) Apple flaky interface with non-Apple products!

I am not interested in the Sat Nav.

What I want is the bluetooth phone and a decent radio that retunes as you pass from transmitter to transmitter.

It also gives access to some functions that are inaccessable otherwise. Besides, it looks cool.

What is the reason that it can’t be done?