Retro Rides 09 Gathering?

Hello all,

My other major forum interest (which I lurk equally as much and post even less than I do here) is Retro Rides. 

They are the kings of cool, old, interesting and different motors and they’re having a gathering, I wondered if any MX5’s would want to go there?

After the hugely successful 2008 event Retro Rides Gathering is returning in 2009, bigger, better and more action packed.

Sunday 16th August will see the Retro Rides Gathering head to the Haynes Motor Museum,
Sparkford, Yeovil, Somerset. As in previous years the show will have
the finest Retro machinery representing the wide range of vehicles in
the retro scene from hot rods and customs through to circuit racers and
stock dailys. In addition to the fantastic line up of cars there will
be traders, show prizes, cars from the museum offering rides and for
2009 the Retro Rides Gathering has RWYB sprint track action on the Sparkford circuit.

Cost of entry is £15 per car,
so fill up with as many people as you can fit and make a great day out.
Booking an advanced entry pass through the website will also get you
one free pass to the museum. For full details of the show head to www.retroridesgathering.com.

Club displays are very welcome, for more info head to the website.

Seems like a decent cheap day out if anyone is interested, plus there’s a track…and we like tracks :slight_smile:

This isn’t an official MX5OC gathering / event or meet but I thought I’d put the feelers out, Mk1 MX5’s are now considered retro I think and they like a bit of small and light action.

Mods, hope this is okay, if you’re interested in turning this into a major gathering with the actual club then contact Hotwire on retro (http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rrg09) and he’ll be able to sort out some space, free, for us.

Thanks all,

Gareth