Road manners?

I saw this Reuters picture on the BBC website today.

It shows how little regard some drivers have for other people, especially vulnerable pedestrians.

7 Likes

Unfortunately it is something that has been highlighted more than ever with the Covid restrictions, the ā€˜I am going to do what I want, when I want and how I wantā€™ has become all to prevalent. Respect for others and the taking personal responsibility for our actions appear to have been consigned to the history books.
:heart:

8 Likes

Goes beyond not being a stupid hithead
It is illegal and subject to Fixed Penalty Notices.
Section 3 Road Traffic Act.
If a person drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, he is guilty of an offence.
Max fine Ā£5k.
If it happens to you, try to get the Reg and get them kippered.
Although it say ā€œheā€ā€¦Iā€™m fairly certain women are not exempt. :wink:
One can only hope a few will hydrolock the engines & write them off.

3 Likes

Totally agree, its like some humans are evolving backwards and becoming like animals.
Litter and fly tipping is another example , " I dont want this old bed anymore, cant be bothered to go to local tip, so ill chuck it in the nearest layby" the bstrds, thereā€™s to many ignorant and selfish people around these days, who are dragging their kids up the same way.

6 Likes

Well on the Mazda mx5 Facebook page this morning thereā€™s a woman who was asking if she should take her 5 out in the snow, just for a bit of fun. With no regard to wether she may have an accident and then put more pressure on the Emergency services and NHS at a time like this.

Think Iā€™ve seen her beforeā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, as a pedestrian commuter for many years Iā€™ve always been aware of this, but Iā€™ve never heard of a successful prosecution, let alone an attempt at one.

That picture from Reuters with a clearly identifiable number plate should be proof enough, and I imagine the original has a time and date in the meta-data. But will it ever happen?

1 Like

Not flippinā€™ likely.

1 Like