RS Limited anyone?

2 Likes

Saw that when it came out, as much as I’d love an RS limited, I’d take an m2 1028 any day of the week, just finding and importing one that’s the issue

If you look carefully, the RS was sold by Sam Goowin, when he still had the Bedworth showroom. So likely Dave Butterfield brought it in through Shin Fung. Ruined now. M926MVV was probably imported in late 2005, las driven in 2007. Only had 2 MOTs. Now look at the state of it.

The red Roadster, G837CLE, NA6CE100195, failed its MOT in 2007, basically due to rot. The owner said he drove it all over the place after he brought it in 2005.

The Golf was also taken off the road in 2007 as was the Porsche, due to MOT fails.

A couple of M2-1028s did end up over here. A white one turned up in Northern Ireland, and ended up being shipped to Japan for a collector. There was a dark blue one that turned up at the Tatton Park show in 2000, looke a bit worn out. Autolinkuk brought one over about 5 years ago, fairly cheap; its now in Italy.

15 years ago, those ex-US 912s were quite cheap.

Videos like this I think are quite exploitative, for clicks. Probably something medical happened to the owner in 2007. He seems quite deluded. I can imagine what the inside of his home looks like.

How bad do you think the damage on the RS limited is? it was hard to see what state the windscreen frame etc was from the roof landing on it…

There is a contact email address for the owner in the comments for the youtube video. He’ll probably say the car is mint, just needs a clean, like the solid 124 Spider he has.

It appears that rather than the cars being extricated properly, and sold through an auctioneer, the owner is expecting prospective buyers to contact him directly with offers and a trailer. I predict none of this will actually get sold.

Are these cars getting robbed out. Wondering what happened to the Nardi steering wheel?

The red one seems to have had some front end damage at one time. Overspray all over the towing eyes, and the leading edge of the aftermarket popup cover is not right. Japanese "sports model£. The Cobra seats were obviously a UK addition, and the cabin is a bit “bitsa” (late Mk1 Roadster centre console). The red car has been stored with the roof up. The RS stored with seemingly the roof down, and with piles of rubbish on it.

The 190E H798CEA is another car in that “collection” with a 2007 expired MOT

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.