Run to New Forest & Bucklers Hard

You have the fantastic opportunity to have a pleasant run through the New Forest and then park your gleaming 5 in the main street of Bucklers Hard, where many years ago it was full of timber of all shapes and sizes waiting to be transformed into one of England’s mighty warships.

Bucklers Hard is a fascinating place to visit, with a maritime museum, the village itself, shipwrights and labourers cottages, places to picnic, a decent café, a restaurant & pub, riverside walks, river cruises, and loads more - or just chill out by the river and watch the world drift by!

With a group of 15 or more people we get a discounted entry price.

Bucklers Hard: Adult £5.90 (normally £7.50). Senior £4.75 (normally £7.00). Child £3.95

River Cruise: Adult £5.50. Senior £5.00 (normal prices)

PLEASE NOTE: a) We are not intending to include the river cruise as part of our visit, as this pushes up the costs and it is realised that not everyone will wish to do this. So, river cruises will be at the discretion of individuals and can be booked on the day, as required.

b) Also note revised entry prices for adult and senior.

Checkout the website for more information. 

www.bucklershard.co.uk

Volunteer NOW before the Press Gangs come round!

Volunteers so far:

1. Ron & Angela - (2 x annual passes)

2. John & Patricia - (2 x annual passes)

3. Colin & Sally - pd via PayPal 

4. Colin & Wyzi - pd via PayPal 

5. Mal & Serena - pd cash

6. Jules - pd cash

7. Terry & Diane - pd cash

8. Dave & Linda

9. Teri

10. Tug & Clare - Pd cash

11. Sam

12. MarkMc - pd via PayPal 

13.  AntMkv + 1 - pd via PayPal 

14. Judy & Tony - pd via PayPal 

15. Nigel & Louise Startup (Sussexdown) - paid via Chris Unstead’s PayPal

16. Dave & Pat Phillips (Sussexdown) 

17. Paul & Colin (Sussexdown) - pd via chq

Yours aye,

Ron & Angela

PS: a) The grand plan is to meet at Rownhams services on the westbound M27. Meeting time will be 10:00 am ready to leave at 10:30 am

b) Entry fee is required to be paid a couple of weeks prior to the event (see post 26 for the full information)

I may be interested in this Run Angie & Ron will let you know a bit nearer the time please x

Hi Ron & Angela, The Wheelers are willing to volunteer, no Rum for John but Patricia will have both rations

Mal & Serena, graciously accept your kind invitation to visit Bucklers Hard on Sunday 1st September 2019.

Looking forward to seeing your " Shipwrights Cottage" on the day, does it have your name plaque on the front door??

Regards 

Mal & Serena

Hi Ron & Angela.

This sounds like a great day out, will you please include us in this event?

Thanks for organising it.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Mrs Dodgy and I would also like to attend but will confirm closer to the date.

Do I / we need to be members of the club though?

Thanks and regards

Darryl

Good evening “Volunteers“,

Most happy to have you all on board, so far the Press Gangs are not needed, but still more volunteers required as we can have a maximum of 30 cars parked in Bucklers Hard village Main Street.

Please note, you will have to supply your own grog,!

Thanks Mal, but I didn’t actually serve in Nelsons Navy!

Darryl, it appears from your profile that you are already a member of the MX5OC, is that so?

Cheers,

Ron & Angela 

Not yet a member - I was waiting for retirement and will now be out of the country for a few weeks.
Regards
Darryl

Hi all, we would like to join you on this run, Dave & Linda.

Saw Ron & Angela on Patricia’s ladies day, they mentioned looking good for numbers, I am sure they would like more ‘volunteers’ rather than being ‘press ganged’. The inside parking area looks great, and we can park on the ‘High Street’…

Photo Of High Street (inside where we will all park)

Hi Ron and Angela

Could you book me in please.  Looks like being a great day out.

Colin

Hi Ron and Angela

As mentioned to John I will mention this at our Pub meeting on Saturday for the Sussex Downs area.

Do you have a meeting location and time yet so I can let everyone know.

Chris and Heather

Hi Chris and Heather,

Good to here from you, and looking forward to seeing you on Sunday 1st September for our little trip through the New Forest to Bucklers Hard.

The meeting place will be Rownhams services on the west bound M27 at 10:00 am ready to leave at 10:30 am.

If you could let me know how many of your members would be interested and how many cars there would probably be, then I can let Mandy the events lady know, as apparently the maximum number of cars for a rally permitted down Bucklers Hard Main Street is 30.

John, Pat, Angela and I did a “recce“ down there today and it was absolutely brilliant, didn’t leave till closing time, we were enjoying the place so much!

Cheers,

Ron and Angela 

Hi Ron.

We will be up for this one. 

Richard and Clare. 

Be good to get Daisy down there for the day if you’ll add us to the list please?

Thanks,

Mark

Be good to get Daisy down there for the day if you’ll add us to the list please?

Thanks,

Mark

I’m interested in bringing my little lady down for this. Can you and me as well?

Ta mutely :slight_smile:

Ant.

Hi Ron and Angela

Unfortunately me and Heather cant attend but we have so far one couple that would like to come. Nigel and Louise. I have posted this out today so there could be a few more so will let you know.

It is a bit unfortunate we have a group visit arranged to the RNLI College at Poole on the 6/7th September and was looking for something possibly do in the New Forest on the Sunday 8th September.

Chris and Heather.

Hi Ron and Angela,

could you please add our names to the list for Bucklers Hard? 

Regards, Judy and Tony