Rust proofing a Mk 4, see why its important

So here are a few pictures (I hope…) before and after rustproofing on my 9 month old GT Sport Nav + or “Madge” as she is known in the household…Staggered at the lack of anything other than primer but the Dinitrol proofing was put on by Pure Car Management in King Street Cheltenham, great pair of chaps who own the business (Dalibor arranged for the photos) and as you can see attention to detail and great job for £300 plus VAT, if you are local and need this doing to any 5 (or indeed any other car) they come highly recommended.

3 Likes

A familiar sight… we’ve done 3 MK4’s now, hopefully pay out for someone in 10 years, just seems wrong not to.

That looks good! Definitely money well spent in my opinion, my NC2 / Mk3.5 was the same underneath when I bought it new so it went straight in for a full Dinitrol treatment. Really glad now that I had that done.

I paid £456 incl VAT for mine to be treated back in 2012, so that’s a good price for yours MRH1962.

Looking to get this done on my Mk4. Any recommendations local to me - South Cheshire/North Staffs area? TIA

I’d like to see Mazda really brought to book about this.
It won’t happen of course.
Anyway…countless posts over the years now about it all.
Shocking? No. Historic? Yes.
Caveat Emptor in buckets for future 3rd/4th ND owner-buyers in 10 years if they have not been done. I’ll be looking for an ND in 2 / 3 years for SWMBO and an IanH treatment, or the OP’s is the first thing I’ll be checking.
Mind you, passed a 10 years old Merc in the Tesco car park the other day, whose front wings were returning to Mother Earth Oxide rather sharpish.

1 Like

anyone recommend someone in south manchester area or north cheshire
cheers
peter

10 year design life? Mazda are unfortunately no worse than Suzuki (had a Jimny until two years ago and it was shocking underneath).

Other car currently is a Toyota RAV4 which has just passed its 7th birthday, now that is an example of build quality.