Sad news

good morning CNW… 

I’m sorry to have to tell you that yesterday we found out that Mike Collar had passed away recently following a stroke. 

Mike was a big personality in CNW,  his loud suit and car of many many stickers was always a talking point and the shows he attended and always drew in the crowds. 

Mike was a true gent, and he will be greatly missed. Our love and best wishes are with his family. 

Met him a couple of times at ‘bunch-o-fives’ lovely man.
RIP. Mike.

I met Mike through the club and then at many shows and events here and there - he was a lovely man and put a smile on many many faces over the years and he will be sadly missed by us all - best wishes to his family - RIP Mike!

I found out about this sad news from bunch o’ fives. I can only echo the sentiments already given. Met Mike and his car, a couple of times, great chap! Thoughts are with the family.

Barrie

I only met him once, we were parked behind all the stickers at Elvington, and I was impressed by Mike’s cheerful personality and willingness to have fans of all ages pose for photos in and with his car, and the animated bits of it.  He was a fund of amusing anecdotes as well, very entertaining, truly one of a kind, the best kind.

We need people like him, he’ll be greatly missed.

Mike Collar at Elvington

Mike Collar and his car