Sad times… insurance question

You can also do what is called a contract repair. This means using second hand or pattern parts to keep the cost of repair to the minimum.

1 Like

Most insurer repairs do this anyway on older cars unless you specifically ask for OEM and agree to contribute.

And yet…you have probably already thought about how you could avoid a similar thing happening in future.

My guess is that the wan… - I mean motorcyclist - thinks it’s your fault because he was on the major road, and yet he could definitely have avoided it, and should certainly have foreseen the possibility.

I’m not picking on you, I wasn’t there and I haven’t seen the video. As I think I wrote earlier, I had at least a couple of ‘accidents’ as a younger, less experienced driver for which I was not blamed but I am confident that I wouldn’t have those same accidents now.

The scariest was losing control with a massive tank slapper while negotiating a gentle bend, missing several hard objects before spinning backwards into a kerb and rolling a Fiat 850 Special into somebody’s rose border. The police came to investigate, and pronounced me an innocent victim as there was mud all over the road where I skidded, from a building site!

I hadn’t even seen the mud. Or the building site. I would now, because I’d have noticed the building site and looked for the mud.

Good luck with the claim, I’d be interested to hear how you get on.

3 Likes