SATNAV upgrade

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2012 Venture
  2. I’m based near: __Merseyside
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Tom Tom navigation

Hi Terry,

I bought a 2012 Venture earlier this year and have swopped out the Sanyo Tomtom, see

For some more details.

It’s reasonably easy to swop out, just remove a whole ton of cables etc. and well worth the effort, very please I made the jump.

Cheers
Paul

1 Like

Few previous posts on here as well.
The below is what I fitted.

1 Like

Hi. Apologies for the lack of detail in my query. Not used to posting on the new site.

This is a brief resume of the issue.

I recently decided to try and obtain an up to date map. I used a lap top, and obtained the Tom Tom site. I then purchased an up to date map of Western Europe. Very long story short, I am unable to update the Mazda SD card. It appears not to be recognised, albeit, it shows the serial number, and says update completed.

The giveaway for me is that the new River Mersey bridge crossing, does not show on the map, and the version issue appears to be 2013, (the car is 2012).

I am unable contact Tom Tom, and have tried phoning, to no avail. I am not sure on the success of using the online process.

I feel I have just thrown away nigh on 50 pounds for nothing, aside of the frustration in trying to resolve the issue.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Terry