See what has broken inside a ND - Mk4 gear box

There will be another Tech night at Roddinsons Motorsport during October when P&P area member Paul Robinson will comment as Roddo takes a damaged (Roddo’s wording was more graphic !!) Mk4 gearbox apart,  open to members and forum members from all areas, watch the Peaks and Pennines  forum for further details

Now confirmed for

October 24 th 6:30 kick off at
Roddisons Motorsport 
Shepcote Lane 
Sheffield 
S9 1US

Followed by all you can eat Curry Buffet  at the Indus Restaurant (£8.50 )afterwards around 8pm

Please reply on this post if you are coming

Well I’m coming down from Aberdeenshire for that this time, as we will have two good guys giving their opinions and expertise.

As soon as you post a date on the forum, we will book a few days in the Peak District for walking and come up to Sheffield for the Tech night. Well the good lady may not come up to the tech night!

Paul is racing at Thruxton this afternoon - in about half an hour, lets hope the song does not progress to ‘Six knackered gearboxes sitting on a shelf’ it is  a version 6 gearbox, purchased last week, so fingers crossed it will be up to the task.

Jon Halliwell is on pole, he replaced his gearbox after Pembrey,  

I am told Ian Loversidge and Jeremy Shipley 's Mk4’s both had their boxes replaced under warranty whilst they were road cars.

Watch this space (and  http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/173522 )

She could join in for an epic Scone Bake Off though Eddie. Never underestimate SWMBO Power.

Yippee - he finished - and got a 3rd!  

Can some one attending please shoot some video and post it on YouTube…

Good suggestion, I will give videoing a try, failing that a series of pictures, with comments as the box is stripped down.

Now confirmed for

October 24 th 6:30 kick off at
Roddisons Motorsport
Shepcote Lane
Sheffield
S9 1US

Curry afterwards around 8pm

Please reply on this post if you are coming

Hello Burton

Thank you & Paul for organising this event, I will attend, I will not be needing the curry.

Regards

Keith

Will it be an early gearbox that he has broken in the past or one of the updated ones that he’s going to break between now and October?

I will ask him when I next call in, as far as I am aware it will be the one that let him down at the last charity track day, but as  there are another two MAX5 race meetings between now and then  who knows !!

Historically the early boxes have only lasted 3 events, but this is a later box in the race car.

Guess the mileage, put it on his facebook page (August 22nd) and if you guess the right mileage win a free MOT or alignment.

Already entered the competition!

The question was asked very much tongue in cheek. I expected and deserved a far less polite response!

Yes, but as a Z Sport  owner, who has darkened your door and purchased badges, I am  therefore ‘gentry’ would not give a tongue in cheek reply to another gentleman !!

I will be there Burton But no curry

There’s quite a lot of interest in this from various places including across the pond… if there was an option to video from a couple of angles and also some good quality stills I know a lot of people would appreciate seeing this.

Maybe you could go ‘live’ on social media with this at the time too?

Well I will have to find out which is my best side to have to the camera!!!

Looks like I need to shave that morning!!! 

Please add me and Eric down for this and curry too.

Cheers Graham

I will be there and go for the Curry.

Thinking I’ll come up for a look at this.