Service Warning

About a week ago my MX-5 RF (30th Anniversary) displayed a warning that my annual service was due in 12 days time. Quite happy with that. I expected the warning to disappear and perhaps come on each time I started the car and to disappear again after about 10 to 15 seconds. However the logic of the software makes the message remain until, according to Mazda, they remove it which is on Monday.

I feel the logic of the underlying software is wrong and irritating. It should not blank out, in my opinion, other indications which, to me, are more important when driving. Mazda said in a phone call I made to them that it is not possible to remove the warning - well it must be but at 71 I am not going to ferret around in the menuing system.

Am I just being old and pedantic or is the logic a bit odd when it insists the service warning stays on all the time to the exclusion of other indications?

1 Like

…if you press the centre “info” button on the left had side steering wheel button it cancels the screen message and it goes back to the usual temp / trip info…
It does come back on each time you start up though so you have to cancel it each time you start …and yes it is annoying and unnecessary…

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I’ll have a Grrr at my local Mazda people who said it couldn’t be done. May be I should just have fiddled about a bit. I am most grateful.

3 Likes

Mazda should have told you that message can be dismissed, similar on most cars.

It’s difficult though, people would moan of it didn’t tell you a service was due…rock and hard place.

Seems like a case RTFM?

Given this feature applies across all Mazda models, the dealer could have been more hopeful in stating how to cancel the warning