Servicing recommendations

Hi All hope you are all getting out there regularly in your mx-5!

I bought our MX-5 in November with 32000 miles now 34000 07 plate
she has had a full service history with all services conducted by Mazda in Derby with the exception of the last service which was undertaken by Kia in Derby who I bought the car from. They undertook a full service but did not change the diff fluid or the gearbox oil which I’m shortly going to undertake as a precaution the antifreeze seems fine I have tested it.

What service level is this due on the Mazda service schedule please? To be honest I may take it to my local independent Bellmans Yard in Newport Shropshire who have an excellent reputation.

Typically how much are you paying for a service (as I said earlier I’m not sure which one is due) and where do you recommend happy to travel. Just like everyone else mindful of how we spend our money at the moment to save where it’s easy so not worried especially by continuing to service at main dealer prices. Any thoughts appreciated

I had my 06 nc1 gearbox and diff oil changed last year at Mazda Newcastle , the cost was £119.08 which i found reasonable.
Engine oil change was £160 which i declined and changed myself.
They also carried out a full car inspection, checked coolant properties and sent me a video of inspection.

The MX5 is one of the easiest cars to work on, its worth learning how to do it yourself.
There’s lots on You Tube etc if you need to see how it’s done.

Changing the oil only takes 30mins, and it very easy.

The diff oil and gearbox is easy to drain but a little harder to fill (you just need new washers for the fill and level plugs).

Keep your receipts and write the date’s down for future owners.

I’ve found when I resell my cars it never makes any difference. (it would be different if the car was less than 5 years old).

I also know that I have fitted quality oils and parts and its been done properly.