Side skirt removal nc

Hi can anyone help me on how to remove the side skirts and a link for new clips please?

Clips are [HERE]

link updated

Thanks Richard do you know how many I would need ?

Ten small clips per side, they are the upper clips. The lower larger clips that the sill slides on/off on you need 5 per side.

When removing my sills I found around half of the smaller clips snapped upon removal but the lower ones were ok and I could reuse those. Incidentally the upper clips are exactly the same as the door card clips, I used that type.

Thanks mick that’s great👍

This might have been answered elsewhere on the forum but I can’t find it…so here goes…

I’ve removed the side skirt but when it comes to putting it back on is it a case getting the small clips out of the body and back in to the side skirt, and then offer up the bottom edge and slide it on to the bottom square faced clips, and then just push the skirt back in to place….??

1 Like

Yes that’s the correct method, they then just push back into the body holes.

Getting an extra pair of hands helps, holding both ends of the sill and centre part to guide it on the bottom clips is challenging on your own.:thinking:

Thanks Mick :+1:

Back again….

The new clips arrived today so I’ve just been in to the garage to get the side skirt back on, but after several attempts have not been successful…

Is there a knack to this or am I being stupid…??

I’m trying to do it in the garage so the door only opens halfway, but looking at it am thinking it need to be fully open as the top lip of the skirt is behind the door when the door is shut….??. If that’s the case will have to wait until it stops raining…

Also, I’ve noticed that the holes on the underside for the squarer clips can kind of be pushed out along a fold line, does that has some significance when putting them back on….

This link describes the installation process : SIDE STEP MOLDING INSTALLATION | 2016 ND Shop Manual

I would like to know if there is a unique way of removing the green upper clips, as they break quite easily when using a trim removal tool. One issue is possible paint damage. second is, if the flared inner part of the clip breaks off, you end up with a bonus part in the sill that could rattle.