Silver and Chrome

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2007 Mk3 1.8
  2. I’m based near: Cheshire
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Paint and Chrome
  1. Can someone tell me what colour my car is. I have seen Aluminim Silver, Moist Silver and another one I cant remember the name of.

2. I am thinking of the Chrome rear arches on the seats. The would look awesome on red, black etc, but on a Silver version I am not so sure. Does anyone have a pictures or comments to make please about this? I dont want it to look stupid hahaha.

Most likely Sunlight Silver although there’s an Aluminium Metallic that’s found on the Mk3.5,
Moist silver, don’t even know that one. :thinking:
You can buy the chromed covers or just paint yours in body colour, any colour. I did mine in red, it matched the True red of the body.

1 Like

Hi
My Mk3 is Sunlight Silver and I sprayed mine gloss black, I think they look ok , but each to his own and all that :blush: Several coats of high build primer and high gloss black spray paint, and a couple of coats of gloss varnish, with wet and dry rub downs in between to get it smooth. The grainy photo doesn’t show it so well.

IMG_20200917_104215

2 Likes

but probably the next thing to go black

1 Like

Carbon fibre shrouds or even carbon fibre wraps would seem a reasonable idea

I have the chrome hoops on mine -(sunlight silver)
I quite like the look to be honest, it’s not over bling, just adds a bit of sparkle without going overboard.

Thanks for responses, so far.

I am considering black and chrome, and still not sure.

Both from the photos provided look great. Keat63, it was the chrome looking blingy which i didnt want and would it match the piano black dash panel. I think it does go quite well actually.

I think now I just need to decided :slight_smile:

I jazzed up the all black interior with some colour red of course to coordinate with the body colour. Painted the door catch behind and the part forward of the arm rest silver.
The seats and door cars are from a breaker Launch edition.

Spent some money there MickAP, looks smart.