Silverstone Classic 2019 - 26th to 28th July

Due to a change in health my second ticket holder can no longer attend the Silverstone Classic.

Club passes are also now no longer available from Silverstone Classic.

I have therefore available;

One Friday, Saturday and Sunday ‘Three day ticket’ complete with Brooklands Camping.

Or

TWO  Friday, Saturday and Sunday ‘Three day tickets’ complete with TWO Woodlands camping passes and the Club Stand MX-5 display pass.

PM for any further details.

Thanks.

Infield pass has arrived in post. 

Phil, my infield pass also arrived today. Shall have to start cleaning and detailing soon then… ??

Infield pass arrived here today also. 

I hope it will be easier to unstick from the windscreen than the Elvington Guinness number.

I either tuck it in the dash or stick up with a couple of bit of Blu-Tac

Laminate it - won’t blow away and doesn’t leave glue on the screen

Just had the details of our Pitch and the parade lap, will post up the information shortly once can edit it down a bit

Hi folks 

The organisers are sending out the various passes at the moment.

The Club stand is huge! nearly 200 MX-5s are expected and awesome amount and looking at the numbers one of the largest stands in the infield. 

For Saturday Parade laps see information below.

zone 15

Our location is in Zone Green 15, just over the bridge from the main entrance and a short walk to the rest of the event.

Saturday Parade 

Our assembly time is around 16.15 on Saturday for 17.10 parade. We are to assemble on the track behind the display, there will be specific instructions issued, but it It is mandatory for all drivers and their passengers on the track parade to sign on. I’ll have the wristbands in the Club tents on the Saturday at some point, we will play this by ear.

Below are the links to the instructions and timings and the sign on form for you to download print and bring along with you on the Saturday.

Instructions 

Sign on Form

Delighted to say that the parade will be led by 30th Anniversary Model MX-5 and I’ve organised Wheeler Dealer’s Ant Anstead to drive it round for us too.
We will have a photographer there to capture the lap. We will select a number of cars on the day to head up the parade, ideally with the  a mix of generations and colours, more on that on the Saturday of the event.

Finally it’s important to say that the Parade is subject to the gaps in the racing on the day and is subject to change or cancellation as determined by track conditions.

Thanks

Are we setting up the MX5OC stand on Thursday 25th, as in other years?

Ticket no longer available 

Bump

Have a Friday / Saturday ticket but only able to make the Saturday now - looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Due to a late change of plans, i have a weekend camping permit available.

Due to a burnt out clutch two friends who were due to join us for the weekend cannot make it, they have

a weekend camping pass

2 x Three day Weekend Tickets

Any reasonable offer taken for both, or just the tickets, they can forward print outs with bar codes by email

Email dbaileyelectrical@gmail.com (NOT myself)

We had a great couple of days at the Silverstone Classic thanks to all the helpers and organisers

Just back from 3 days at Silverstone and we can not thank the ‘team’ enough for organising everything both in the months prior to the event and over the long weekend. Heroes every one of you,

No contact hugs and kisses all round.

A few pictures for you.

Many thanks to Iain and all the crew, for the hard work on the stand. Another excellent 3 days at the Classic, even though the weather tried to spoil it.

Many thanks to all who set up and ran the excellent organisation for this event.  Warbird has posted superb pictures so I’ll add some side interest on a personal note.

There were many other car clubs there including one which had a car almost exactly the same as my old Cavalier, same colour and age, same lack of rust…

Almost my old Cavalier

And then there was an old bike very much like the A10 I had in the 1960s, except this one has more chrome and is in better nick, as was the owner holding up the tent pole

A10 BSA

And then delight of delights, a racing 30/98 1923 Vauxhall, much like my Grandfather’s was some of the time when he took off the Velox body. 

This one had a problem with wheel spin and drifting the back in almost any gear and was eventually lapped by the race winner, maybe it needed an LSD or more weight on the rear wheels, but it was great to watch the driver wrestling it through Luffield.

Racing 30/98

And then there was the 8litre Chevvy engined McLaren that cleaned up in its race, see the cup.

8litre McLaren

And a shot of some of us waiting to leave our zone to assemble for the parade lap, all tops down, casting an eye on the sky which had stopped raining less than an hour earlier

waiting MX5s

And finally a photo taken by a friend of us near the end of the lap

All good things come to an end

I was impressed by how good the surface is at Silverstone, and thoroughly enjoyed my few minutes on the track.