Smoked indicator repeaters

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Indicator side repeaters.

I’m considering replacing my amber side repeaters with the MX5Parts smoked ones on my black NC.
Has anyone had MOT issues with these not being visible enough (using the amber bulbs supplied)?
How do these look with amber LED bulbs?

Had them on my Sport Black for the last two mots, with the supplied bulbs, and no mention of any problems.

1 Like

I went for clear on my MK3

but had smoked on the MK2.5 for 3 years and no problem with MOT

1 Like

Thanks both. I’m still undecided on clear or smoked but I imagine there’d be feedback in the reviews if MOT was a problem.
That’s another job to do when the weather warms up.

I ws expecting ot have to dig inside the wing to replace these but reading around, it looks like they can just be pushed forward against the clips and pulled out. Is that your experience?

That’s correct, some people use a credit card to push the tab forward but I’ve never had to

1 Like

Likewise, I just managed to push the existing to one side with my fingers and then remove (however it helped knowing what i was looking for from the clips by checking out the replacements first)

1 Like

I replaced the indicators on my Jet Black car with these ones. They are totally black when “off” and very bright when “on”. I don’t anticipate any MoT issues.

1 Like

Oooooh, shiny!
Just ordered a pair via eBay.
Thanks.

I bought some of the ebay specials, same as the ali express ones and found that they didn’t fit at all. Way too small internally, you would need to use some sort of gasket (maybe the original one) or use sealant to hold them in place, plus the circuit boards rattled in the housing.

Is some nice options out there but the better quality stuff is like £50, like the Jass Performance ones.

Yes, I had to re-use the original gasket, and the quality isn’t the greatest, but they are good enough, cheap enough, look fine, work well, and I can always put the originals back at some time in the future.

1 Like

I’d pay 15 quid for a mod like this but 50 quid would be a bit steep for me.
Ordered now so I’ll see how things go and report back.

1 Like

Got some eBay ones like Philip, although mine look greyer than they do in the advert.
Very loose in the holes so I made up a couple of gaskets to give a better fit. (The wonders of a 3D printer :grinning:) They fit fine now but I don’t think I like them so I think they’ll be coming off.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have any issues with the mot! as long as they flash orange they will be absolutely fine, if a tester says different his lying.