SOLD: 1998 Mk1 1.8 Classic for Sale

1. The car I’m offering for sale is a 1998 1.8 Classic
  2. The car is located near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire
  3. The price is £5995
  4. 1998 MK1 MX5 1.8i Classic. Mileage 82,000 miles One of the last MK1s built, Special edition. In near original condition with recent restoration to remove common areas of rust.

Power Steering, Black Leather seats, Tonneau Cover, I have owned the car for the past 7 years
Mot until March 2023.

There is a comprehensive folder of receipts for all of the work and servicing done for the car, including the original service book and Mazda pack.

–Bodywork–
The car is finished in Brilliant Black which remains in great condition for the age as can be seen in the pictures. In September 2019 the following work was carried out by the MX5 Restorer in Pevensey.
Both rear arches and sills were replaced, including inner sills, both rear quarters repainted.
Front offside wheel arch replaced and repainted.
Car received a full underseal and cavity wax including subframes and suspension arms.
A new vinyl roof was fitted at the same time.
Evidence of this work can be seen on their YouTube channel Light Up Lights Down

–Wheels–
The alloys are unique to this special edition, they have all been professionally refurbished. The alloys have 4 matching Uniroyal Rainsport tyres which have covered less than 3000 miles. I have restored the wheel centres to the original condition.

–Interior–
Very good condition with black leather seats. It has the original Momo leather steering wheel. Wind deflector and chrome style bar. Both keys are present.

–Mechanical–
Starts first time with a smooth idle and power delivery. I have changed the oil and filter every year I’ve owned the car, along with spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, gearbox and diff oil when necessary.
Full set of KYB OEM shocks and OEM springs along with drop links fitted in 2018. Full set of Genuine Camber bolts have been fitted and 4 wheel alignment carried out.
Cambelt, tensioners, water pump, front brake discs and pads fitted in 2021.

1. Photo’s of the car [use photo upload option]

Please use the Personal Message [PM] system to contact me, click on the avatar (round image) and select ‘message’.

5 Likes