**SOLD** 2012 NC 2.0 Mk3.5 Blue PRHT Sport Tech MeisterR Stourbridge WMids £8500

MOT July 2023, fresh service, FSH, exceptional condition, 6 speed, LSD, electric folding hard top. For sale is our much loved 2012 Sport Tech in the gorgeous metallic Stormy Blue Mica, necessitated by family changes requiring more than 2 seats. Currently on 79,000 miles, I bought this car in 2020 to tick off a dream while circumstances in life would permit, and have not regretted it one bit. Being the Sport Tech, it benefits from climate control, cruise control, heated leather seats, 6 speed gearbox with traction control, and one of the few models to benefit from a limited-slip differential. The power retractable hardtop (PRHT) makes this usable all year round, and pressing the button to drop the roof is the most incredible feeling.

To improve day-to-day experience with the car, the following subtle modifications to have been fitted.

• MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers. One of the original Bilstein shocks had leaked, so I went all-out and fitted the renowned best choice coilover available for the NC for road use. Compared to the factory Bilsteins, these are worlds more comfortable and have the benefit of adjustable damping. To make this even easier, I have fitted the optional adjusters allowing you to easily change damping by just popping the boot or bonnet wherever you are.

• Switchback DRL bulbs, professionally set up with relay to turn on with ignition and off with headlights on. For me these are a must because such a low car with no lights on as default can cause other cars to pull out without thinking. Since fitting, the amount of cars that pull out from junctions has drastically reduced. These can easily be removed if desired as simple fuse taps have been used for installation. Full wiring diagram is provided.

• Double DIN with Android Auto and reversing camera. Professionally installed, with steering wheel button integration and feels stock. Makes the car so much more usable day-to-day. A phone mount with cable in the glovebox means Android Auto can be used with your phone safely stowed. I believe this supports CarPlay too but have never tried. Original Bose stereo is included as well.

• Other small mods are an OEM ND shift knob, because the Sport Tech’s default silver one scratches easily and the ND’s is much more durable. Also includes a fixed transparent wind deflector and a high spec Viofo A119 V3 dashcam which I am happy to leave in place. Also includes the popular mod of replacing the wiper stalk with the RX-8s, which gives variable intermittent wipers - something never available on any MX-5 sold new.

Last year all 4 alloys were replaced with original Mazda OEM Sport Tech wheels, since the previous owner had left some kerb marks and scrapes. We considered powder coating, but to ensure full OEM originality we went with the new wheels. These were fitted with brand new Avon ZV7s all round.

To futureproof, has had inbibitor applied at the renowned KROWN rustproofing centre in Tipton to ensure it won’t suffer the fate of so many poor MX-5s. A folder of photos from the main session in 2020 are included in the service history to give peace of mind.

Contains an extensive full service history, labelled by year and all digitised and included on a USB stick. Last month had a full service including gearbox and LSD oil changed, and last year benefitted from a full set of discs & pads. Wheel alignment has only ever been done at renowned A-Line in Dudley. Includes both original remote keyfobs.

Only slight negative point is a scuff in the leather on the drivers seat, but this could easily be buffed out and is superficial only. Other than that, the rear deck has some slight paint marks because of how the aerodynamics of this car sends stone chips. You’ll see this on all PRHTs, and is nothing to worry about because they never penetrate the primer and the deck is made out of composite anyway!

Priced at £8500 which given the condition and pricing of comparible models I believe to be priced very fairly.

Please feel free to PM for any more info or photos.

2 Likes