SOLD - 57 plate mx5 NC icon 2.0 - deposit taken

Sold - admin can you archive please?

2007 (57) MX-5 2.0 icon
For sale is a really nicely modified mx5 NC. A lot of money has been spent to get this car to go and handle amazingly. It would be a great basis for a track car (not that i have tracked it) or a really capable fast road car

£4500 (without the tillett seat)

Modifications and other good stuff:
BBR 175 package (made 185bhp on BBR rollers)
Meister CRD coilovers
uprated anti-roll bars
adjustable rear drop links
Geo by wheels in motion chesham
BBR GT stainless backbox (very subtle noise that adds a bit of drama but with very little drone)
Enkei SC22 wheels (standard size, but slightly lower offset to fill the arches a bit better)
IL motorsport under body bracing
ultra racing 4 point upper chasis brace
brake stopper
fully professionally cavity and under body waxoyled
Alpine head unit with bluetooth audio and handsfree
stubby aerial

Just under 80,000
aircon
burns no oil
full service history (less than 1000 miles since the last service)
Mot to September 2020
leather seats
5 speed gearbox (lots of people prefer the 5 speed to the 6. I have never found the 5 speed lacking and it cruises at motorway speeds at around 3k)
LSD

not so good stuff:
some stone chips as you would expect
a couple of small trolley dings (I mean small)
a tiny bit of laquer peel on the bonnet. its not got any worse so i have had the car. suspect its a bird lime burn
The softop looks scruffy. no rips, cracks, tears or anything, its waterproof, opens and closes fine, heated window works fine but it gone shiny where the bars underneath touch the fabric.
Car is in Hemel Hempstead for viewing.

Options that could go with the car:

£500 tillett b5 seat on runners and mx5 mounting frame (as in pictures). this sits you about as low and about as far back as you can go without going fixed seats or getting creative with an angle grider. this gives me loads of leg and headroom and i am 6ft 5. think i could easily wear a helmet with the roof up (but i havent tried)

£400 removable hardtop with fittings in black. comes with Frankenstein bolts, hrw cable, blackbird fabworx fixed side mounts. I sprayed the hardtop myself. its pretty terrible, someone with some skill may be able to make it look better but it probably needs properly spraying or wrapping hence the cheap price. it really is great in the winter. comes with storage bag that you can hang on the wall…

I bought this car from an owner’s club owner approx 2.5 years ago. 

Some photos here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/gk82SfYFYTaxI11wwj3VWYVIAJOmq7wHPif3bwf7g1W